>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Kind suggestions for improvement

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Kind suggestions for improvement

Postby lotsip81 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 am

I just thought this might be a good thread to start for members who have some good ideas/suggestions for the administrator to help the website. Whether it be something pertaining to functionality or maybe just some personal preferences you'd like to see added to make the website a better community.

Maybe if the administrator or moderators like this idea they can make it a sticky thread.

lotsip81
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Re: Kind suggestions for improvement

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey guys and gals!! Looks like we've got a new administration that is interested in doing things right! I've had the opportunity to chat with one of the staff officers that left me thinking there are some great things on the horizon. As Lotsip mentioned if you have any fresh ideas for them at this stage of the game please let them know now. We all need to see this through to fruition and that means getting re-involved in what we wanted before, a fun, informative and positive environment that will be good for all of us. It's important that it maintains a progressive, friendly exchange unlike our last endeavor. We were all getting frustrated with the previous path the GD was following, me included. I aggressively tried to straighten things out and that effort wasn't appreciated by the admin, including others. I really want to see this new project succeed with flying colors! We had the best forum and members available anywhere and I want to see it again. I can't help but think it's going to be a popular place to hang your hat, even if it's for a few minutes or a few hours!! Let's all try to show our new command that we're here for them and are ready to see things succeed in the fashion they have in mind. Thanks!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 pm

I was wondering if the administration would be willing to add a "Thanks" button to posts.

I know in the past we had a "Thumbs UP/Down" on each post. the thought was good however they had it tied into a reputation percentage next to each users name. The problem with this was that if a member didn't like someone they would give all of there post a thumbs down and make them appear as though they didn't know what they were talking about.

If we were to add a "Thanks" button, it would not receive these negative type of connotations, however it would still let members know what other found to be useful post. If you were so inclined, you could show the number of times a person has been thanked and how many time they thanked others.

Its just a thought, but it seems to me it might make the site a bit more friendly.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Good idea Lots! I was a moderator here during that period and what he says is quite true. The thumbs up/down system was a complete disaster and did pit one member against another, particularly if they weren't liked by someone. The idea of having a system of a thumbs up, thanks or recommended post would eliminate the negative. If you don't like something, nothing said is the better decision IMO. So I second Lotsip81's idea, it's a good one!! 8-)
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Website Help