>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Kimber Solo

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Kimber Solo

Postby Fogdog » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Do you have any information on the new Solo?
Fogdog

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:59 pm

Hey Dog, welcome to the forum! I haven't heard many negatives about this at all. Of course Kimber tends to build excellent handguns and they aren't cheap. Generally those prices are high because they're worth it. I haven't shot one of the Solo's but expect that it would be a quality gun. They come tight from the factory and need every bit of their recommended break in period to reach complete reliability. That break in period is the same regardless of caliber in the Kimber line or any other gun in this class. The one thing I have found with the Solo is it's need for specific brands of ammunition. They need a diet of quality hollow points that can be found on the Kimber website. They also state that there may be others that work but that's up to you to find out. Another quality pistol that demands specific ammunition is the Seecamp line of handguns. As you know that is a fabulous pistol and a specific need for good quality ammunition simply makes it custom in my book and that's not a bad thing at all! I can't help but think that like all other Kimber offerings on the market, this won't be one to disappoint. Good luck!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Website Help