>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

your website

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

your website

Postby grenicko » Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 am

hey tig i don,t know what is going on but when i try and read my pm,s your web site locks internet explorer upand has been doing so since i last replied to youyour site is the only thing i have problems with can u tell me what is going onit won,t even let read all of the replies i can only read the frist few lines when i click the more tab to finish reading it frezes I E
grenicko

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed May 06, 2009 5:49 pm

I don't know what your problem might be. You're the first member that has had a problem like this. We've had our problems in the past/present and that has been a problem with slow servers. Sometimes they're faster than others but I've never had a problem with the browser locking up.

Tell me what version of IE you're using. Also any new software, or blocking software could be causing the issue. It's possible that when you registered on the site, you had some security software engaged that blocked a portion of the process. We don't install any software to your computer outside of a temporary cookie to identify you. But that's going to happen with any website that you have to log in to. If you want to try something, I would disable your blocking software, and firewall, then re-register (new ID). See if that corrects the problem. I've had to disable my anti virus on some software (not this one) before my registration/install would work properly.

These are just ideas. I'm not sure why your browser is locking up. If it continues, I would suggest logging on your account from another computer, if possible. That will indicate if it's a problem on your end, your ISP or us.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri May 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Your first and foremost biggest problem/issue is that you use IE for your browser. You should use either Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome. Both browsers are extremely better than IE and the security is topped by none. Try one of those browsers and see how you do on this site.

Mozilla Firefox

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

Google Chrome

http://www.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

Good luck if you decide to stay with IE.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 16, 2009 2:03 am

Thanks for your suggestion! Unfortunately the only person that can make changes like that is the Webmaster. The sad explanation to my reply is sadly easy, he has abandoned the website and left me with no method of making changes to the Forum. Don't ask the next question you have ready! I don't have any idea why he keeps the lights on. I think he values the domain name and doesn't want people to forget it. When this forum began, this was the hottest forum on the Internet! At least we thought so. Since this nonsense all started, every other Moderator has turned in their keys and walked. Just another example of the negative effect a webmaster that has dissed his membership and staff, will have on a very progressive, popular forum.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:51 am

Yeah I have noticed. I've been on the forums for about a month or so now and have seen he has left. As for the web browser I meant that for the original poster grenicko. You are doing an excellent job with the smallest of resources Tig, keep up the good work. Also have you heard anything more about that other poster that said he was going to start a new one to hopefully replace this place?

tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sat May 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Wow grim thanx firefox works alot better then Internet explorer for me
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Hey Grim,

Yes, the member Tralick33 is the member that is setting up a new website. He hopes to have it operational in a few months, hopefully. His idea's and suggestions are first class, so I'm confident that he'll set up a great gun forum.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun May 17, 2009 12:03 am

Excellent Tig, I'll hang around and whatnot until that gets started. This community seemed to be excellent at one time and hopefully I can become part of a new community once the "new" site is up and running.

Jdeangelis99 that is awesome, I'm always happy to get another poor soul away from IE and onto a far superior web browser. Microsoft is a good company, however they seem to do everything half assed when it comes to security.

tigwelder56

Postby Tralik33 » Mon May 18, 2009 9:22 am

Hey Grim, I am creating the new site as we speak. The database is operational now and I will begin populating it with firearms tonight. I'd imagine that given the amount of data to be entered that it will take me a few weeks to get it all put in. In the meantime, my partner is working on the front end of the website, the portion that you all will see as users. I'm not sure how long this will take but I'll try to find out and get back to you all. Rest assured that we are making progress though and the new site will be up and running before you know it.
Tralik33

Postby Tralik33 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:45 pm

Sweet thanks for the update Tralik33.
Tralik33

Next

Return to Website Help