>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

HOW ABOUT ADDING A NEW GUN OWNER SECTION

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

HOW ABOUT ADDING A NEW GUN OWNER SECTION

Postby yungshooter11 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:40 pm

Now that I see nobody has commented, maybe I really didn't bring this idea across very well about what I was thinking when I first Posted it. Or maybe it is because it was me that Posted it may be the problem, I really don't know. But I am just trying to help out W/O any further confrontations here.

But basically, and it needs to be Honed, but it would be something like a "1st Time Gun Owner" Main type Forum Category, that could include a few other items as well such as quick question and simple answer items etc. It can include many things most of us know, but inexperienced people may not have a clue about. Plus for just quick Question/Answers for ourselves, so they are not lost in the Main Established Topic Areas.

I know myself, and I have read a few others comment about their questions being lost in Threads, and this may help that problem as well.

But mainly it may bring in additional New and/or Inexperienced Gun in the Drawer type of Buyers/Owners that are afraid that a question might sound stupid in an already created Forum that gets somewhat Technical at times. Many may feel it's too advanced for them, I don't know? By doing this it could also unclutter the main Topic areas from simple questions and answers. It's hard to explain all of what I am thinking about here I know, especially since it is just comming off the top of my Head with no previous thought to it.

And I don't have any specific type of Forum in my Mind, just a Basic type of area that is mainly targeted at New Gun Owners.

Any ideas would be welcomed as well as views on the subject itself. This is just the Foundation of an idea. I feel others ideas would be a great help as well if something like this was to be added, and feel it would be a good addition to the Website itself.

Thank's, Bill
yungshooter11

Postby yungshooter11 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Thank's for all the ideas about a Subject that I feel could be very important as well as helpful to this Forum Website.

Every Gun Forum I have seen has had that type of Topic listed as one of the 1st, as in reality it is very important not only to the 1st Gun Buyer, but for safeties sake for them as well as all of ourselves. There are many people that never Buy a Gun mainly because they know nothing about them and are afraid of them, as well as the many "Throw it in the Drawer" types that never touch it mainly out of fear. Most people I have ever showed a Gun to handle it like it's about to explode! If they ever needed to use a Gun, they probably would be better off W/O owning one with no knowledge about them in any way. Most would probably just have them taken away, and used on themselves.

I am Sorry, but I just feel that any Gun Forum should have a Basic Gun Topic area listed as a start. Plus it could help the other segments already here in many ways, some as I mentioned yesterday.

I guess most here only want to help themselves within the much more Technical areas of Guns and their accessories, and really don't care to help others that are looking to learn the Basics, then maybe go Buy one.

All I ever hear about is the 2A, but something like that could only help it's cause. The more people that own and are comfortable with Guns, the less Legislation there would be to Ban them, and/or fights to regulate them.

But just thinking simply, I know if I knew nothing about Guns, I would not want anyone Carrying them around either, as very many people feel already. Again, there are a Hell of a lot more people that have never even touched a Gun, than owners of Guns in this Country. Maybe a little help/info would ease things just a bit from the people who want them Banned if they were better informed. I am sure most of them have never Fired a Gun, and are just afraid of them. If we can show with Safety there is nothing to worry about, That it is basically just a Tool to keep safe with beyond an Alarm, it just might help us all out when it comes to fighting for our own Rights!
yungshooter11

Postby g4l » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:31 pm

lol Bill have patients! AF scans through here now and then and He'll see your idea.
g4l

Postby g4l » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:40 pm

Yea, He made a Post Today right above it with no comment!

Even if there were negative comments about the idea it would have shown something. I could be wrong, and it just may be unecessary. But I don't think so as I re-explained below.

Also I have created many Websites for many Companies over the Years, and you always start with the Basics first. Suggestions should be one of the last items listed. But something like that is important and has many benefits for All Members, many that I haven't even thought of as yet.
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Bill, you're free to start your own thread with that topic as the main theme. It doesn't take a main forum headline to get the subject started. You seem to know what it is that you want discussed, so lay out your idea and if people are interested in the topic, they will come!!! I would suggest you start the topic in the "Training" forum. This forum is ran by the members and moderated by those of us lucky enough to have been selected. We can add subject matter just like any other member. We're not here specifically to add forum ideas. We can add firearms for review and are willing to do that but items such as yours are up to you to start.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:08 am

I understand what you are saying Tig, and basically have already done that with my initial Post. But what I am talking about is a lot more than just a new Thread, that will only be lost in a Day/week anyway because someone starts a new conversation on top of it. The only way it could be beneficial would be if it were a Set Main Forum Topic, just like "Gun Chatter", "Suggestions" etc. Not just another Thread.

But Thank's for responding, as it does not seem anyone is really interested in the idea. I can just see it as being very beneficial to the Forum in many ways I guess nobody else is really interested in, But that's OK too! As I have always preached, everyone has their own Rights to their own opinions!

Bill

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:11 pm

Don't you think that even with it's own main "Battle Station" that people will end up walking on it? That's the problem we have all the time. If we started a new section, the chances of someone changing the subject will always be high. It happens now and we've already got[similar] the main topic categories you're speaking about. What would adding another main topic change? If people refuse to stay on topic now, there is no reason to think that they would change their habits just because we added another category. But I appreciate your idea and understand/appreciate your desire to make improvements.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:22 am

I just thought it was a good type of main section, so that many people would not feel too stupid to join the Forum and ask a basic question. As I said, If I never touched a Gun before, I would feel a bit intimidated asking something simple here. Most discussions, even down to my Recoil Rod statements, for someone who knows nothing, may feel it may be a bit more of an intricate Forum. That was the main reason I recommended it, besides other options that could be included.

I agree we all really talk about/Ask Questions in many of the already existing Areas, that really should be placed in a different category, but we tend to stay where people are already talking, not in an area where nobody has Posted in a Month, thinking nobody will notice the question.

No Problem. I just found many of the other Forums I have looked at, had a Basic Area for Beginners, so I brought it up.

I know we have a "Notify Me Check Box", but I got 1 even today today that was about Walthers, but when I went there I noticed the statement was made back in Mid Oct. I didn't understand why I was just notified today?

tigwelder56

Return to Website Help