>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Blinding text!!

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Blinding text!!

Postby txharleyguy46 » Thu May 03, 2007 8:12 pm

It would be nice if the text in messages wasn't stark white against the black background...after reading one or two messages my pupils are burnt. Couldn't the webmaster make the text a little on the lighter side? OHHH MY EYES MY EYES...I CAN"T SEE!!!
txharleyguy46

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:14 am

Harley, it was previously presented as a question to the forum by the editor and the overwheming response was to keep it as it is. The editor reads these posts but it will help your cause if you send him a personal message via the "Contact Us" link above and explain your request. You may also be able to change the background colors by going to Tools, Internet Options and at the bottom of the window click on "Colors". You may be able to change your background contrasts there. It's worth a try! Let me know, in the meantime I'll give it a shot too and see what I came come up with. Wish us luck!!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Patrol » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:54 pm

Aint america great with opinions? txharleyguy i feel the total opposite and think the dark background helps my eyesight from having to strain to read it. Ofcourse I do work at night.
Patrol

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Harley, I tried to change the background using the method I suggested and it doesn't work. So save your time. I'll keep looking, there must be a way to adjust your personal settings. I like the way it is personally. The text seems to be clear and since I sit here in my office with a desk lamp only (I like a darker environment), not having a bright background is easier on my eyes and doesn't bring unwanted illumination to my cave-like atmosphere! But I will look for a method to adjust your own computer. If anyone reading this message knows how please feel free to offer your advice. Thanks to all~

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Website Help