>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

mossberg and remington?

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Mossberg makes the Maverick 88 and it is very similar to the 500. Synthetic stock and forearm, 20 inch barrel and 8+1. The only problem I had was with Wolf ammo. The stuff is junk in any caliber but I figured I'd be safe with a 12 ga. I was just killing imaginary foes, so why spend a bundle on shells, right? Wrong... The brass/metal at the base of the shell swelled up when fired and was hell to eject. Tried another brand and it was fine. The Maverick accepts 500 accessories and has been a nice gun.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby agonist » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:07 pm

With the 500 you can swap out the mag tube for the 8 shot easy. The 500 is the best shotgun for the money. I bought one unfired with a 24in. rifled barrel and synthetic stocks for deer $150 and then a 24in. vent rib accu-choke barrel on ebay for turkey and whatever else I feel like shootin' for $80. If I find one real cheap I may get an 18 1/2 in. for 2 legged varmints but the 24in. barrel handles pretty good anyway.

Reliable, adaptable, affordable, what's not to like?
agonist

Postby jdeangelis99 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:27 pm

I also have the 28 inch vent rib accu choke barrel and I love that barrel.. I am thinking about buying a security barrel but don't know who it will do on my gun...I might just buy another mossberg 500 set up for security
jdeangelis99

Postby agonist » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:24 pm

The barrels swap out really easy. That's partly why I chose the 500. One shotgun does everything and you don't need any skills to do the changes.
agonist

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:11 pm

check out the mossbergs in the shotgun section A few guns were posted same with remington
jdeangelis99

Postby S&W910 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 pm

i prefer winchester pumps or the KNR spanish made double barrel
S&W910

Postby sittingmoose10.31_51shaman » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm

I have the Mossberg Model 695 Slug gun,12 guage rifled bore,.I have a question. Does anyone make a larger box magazine,such the likes that are found on EAAs', Klasnikov action, shotguns? Two rounds in the clip is a little too conservative for me . Five to ten would be more like it for me. Mossbergs' are nice,reliable,trustworthy pieces.They only lack in the fine detailing.Ie.,the massive bolt in the 695 , though machined to a degree, still has some foundry calling cards on it. I spent about, all told,12 to 15 man-hours polishing the bolt , contact surfaces in the receiver and with a good micrometer the chamber face and extractor notches to ensure smooth action w/o loss of head space. using extra-extra fine grit jewlers polish,I've managed to get the bolt to cycle as good as any of the Premium rifles out there.I have always liked the action of Brownings''A' bolt and this big gun now stands up there with 'em.So I have it rigged w/ Millet C-thru scope rings,Williams' sights and Bushnel slug gun/pistol 2-7x scope. shoots straight, dead-on.Went out, big game, got a line shot on a massive doe and ....out went I. down to the earth, as the surprised bovine looked on.Deer- 1,this Hunter-0. T'was the last day, ever, I hunted again.Dammit, all that Gun,and its still a 'virgin'....My lucky son gets a very nice gun. On Mossbergs, Uncle Sam sees a good thing and contracts 'em for Military service.If any one has caught the video news feeds of early in the Iraqi War An Army Sergeant can be seen offin' a very unlucky Enemy with one. Outch! Those twenty seven Virgins of Allahs'got some patching to do an that Shahids'Holy Ass.
sittingmoose10.31_51shaman

Postby agonist » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:10 pm

Say dat moose! U.S. has been issuing mossberg 500's since before Vietnam. As for the 695, does anyone even make bolt action shotguns anymore? Bolt actions have always been meant primarily for hunting, alot of states don't allow more than two rounds in the mag anyway. I've never seen hi cap mags for them but you might try a web search.
agonist

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:41 pm

Get ahold of a good tigwelder with the right material and make one. It'd be a piece of cake to simply make it longer.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby S&W910 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:00 pm

think it's 72 virgins....
S&W910

PreviousNext

Return to Website Help