>
Board Index Getting Started Website Help

Moderators Wanted

Read about whats new and improved on the site, or make suggestions about how we can make the website better.

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:22 pm

I just got better informed by Cont2 regarding our promotion. It's a great step forward and I'm anxious to see the improvement that good moderation can provide. I'm in full agreement on the "Move" and the "Ban" functions. People can always re-subscribe but it doesn't take long to re-establish who they are. I'm also in favor of being able to add a particular firearm. I'd like to see additions to the Shotgun list too. I think this is going to be a good thing! Should we identify ourselves as Moderators? I see that Belt has and I think it's a good idea. Typically when people see that their forum is being monitored they tend to control themselves a bit more than when it isn't. If a decision is made to do that I think something other than the comment section under our names should be established. Anyone can add information to their personal comment section including being a Moderator. I think our position should be added in a way that it is obvious that we're genuine. Does that make sense? I'm just glad that we've made this step forward!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby CONT2 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:03 pm

Yeah Tig, I.Ding us would serve as a deterent. I kind of like to think of it as being an under cover moderator. If Activefan does that fine. If not, we can still show them better than we can tell them i.e.: we encounter an idiot who just called someone an unflattering name, on the review pages. We can confront them about it and let them know that their offensive remark will be deleted as will any future offensive remark.

If they talk crap, just delete the comment. He'll know we're for real then and there. He knows he does'nt have the ability to delete others' remarks. If the problem persists, Activefan can step in and do what he can to block, ban or whatever he decides to do...Either way is cool with me...
CONT2

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:52 pm

I have to go along with tig. People see moderator and they are more likly to follow the rules, hence why I put it as my tag but now I dont have to because Activefan is such a great guy.(lol flattery)

I am partial to the ban option, expecially if there is an option to decide how long such as 1 week 2 weeks, 3 weeks and permanent. Assuming someone wants to keep they're screen name they will abide. And it will also keep someone who know's we can only delete from testing our patience. And while I'm on the subject I'll reiderate my opinion on the move function, it sure would be nice... All in due time, we just have to continue to do our best and it'll get noticed. Activefan seems willing to go along with alot of our requests and I'd hate to dissapoint him
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:25 pm

I think everything is really moving forward. I'm retired due to a cervical spine injury so I spend my entire day in front of this monitor. So being able to help do something is really good for my mental status!! It was either this or soap opera's, thank God for firearms!! I'm starting a search for all the double and triple posts and deleting them down to the original. It'll save some space on the server too!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:10 pm

deff if people see moderator they will know people look over this to make sure people are following the rules!! Keep up the great work guys i know you do this for free and you take the time out of your day thankyou for everything!!
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:20 pm

FREE???? Who said that? I was looking forward to some OT! I didn't realize that meant "OWN TIME". Ha, ha!!!!!! Thanks for the support. The website and the forum are what the members want it to be. We're just here to make sure the i's are dotted and the t's crossed. It's all about enjoying what you're doing!!

tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:24 pm

HAHAH more power to you!!
jdeangelis99

Previous

Return to Website Help