>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

story and question! WORST SLIDE BITE EVER!

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

story and question! WORST SLIDE BITE EVER!

Postby smith6906 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:34 pm

alright so heres the scoop, went to the range today with my beretta 92F. had 500rnds of win 115gr. FMJ with me.

Let off about 100-150 round then had a failure to eject. cleared the casing per usual then realised my mag was stuck in the gun somehow *turns out the plastic lifter broke and a piece was stuck between the wall and the mag* causing the mag to get stuck with about an inch of it haning out of the pistol. so im sitting there thinking of the best possible way to remove this mag in the field without completely field stripping it.

so i figured , if i cupped the slide, trigger guard and hammer in my hand and haha used my beer gut for rear pressure, i could get more leverage on the magazine and push it straight out from my body. Sounds easy enough and has proven effective in the past. EXCEPT!

I forgot that with a mag that is stuck i do not have the same retention on my slide pull back, so while extracting said magazine from the weapon my slide opened up about a half inch and some of my stomach skin settled into the housing without me knowing.

I then applied firm pressure on the magazine, and out she came wich is great! except once the pressure was released.........the slide slammed shut with full force! removing a nickel sized chunk of my stomach in the process! i can with 100% conviction and honesty say THAT HURT! and also was the worst case of slide bite i have ever encountered.

Yes i will say it before you do, it was me not thinking clearly and just wanting to have more plinking fun that was at fault for this event. but i thought it was a funny story anyhow .

anyone ever have a painful yet funny story about getting a chunk of your A** taken away from a un-loaded weapon? i would love to hear it !
smith6906

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 am

I've heard of people using new and unusual ways of losing their beer gut, but that's a new one on me!! LOL!! I'd need something that would remove a lot more than a nickel too...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby smith6906 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:17 pm

it was deffinately a shocker.......kind of like burning yourself on the stove, i felt the sting, and stood there for like 30 seconds trying to figure out what went wrong haha.......heck im about an 1/8th ounce lighter now though haha
smith6906

Postby jdeangelis99 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:57 pm

wow I am glad your ok Smith I fight a type of fighting called Krav maga and one of our senerios is gun disarment and we were using blanks and we wer taught to use our hands to keep the shell into the gunwhen firing into the air.. and i had the slide come right into my hand taking a nice size chunk out of my hand.. I never bled so much in my life hahha
jdeangelis99

Return to Off-Topic Chatter