>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

OFF TOPIC

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Postby lotsip81 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:30 am

Movin on then.... when I left we couldn't post the avatar pics. When did that happen? Have there been any other improvements?
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby lotsip81 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 pm

"Being Prepared for ANYTHING..."

Sorry, but "New Topic is not working! This is an Article I have taken from the USCCA, an Organization I get mail from. It really makes sense when you think about it, like when you leave your Gun Home "Cause your just going to the Store". I admit, I have been guilty of it!

Dear Bill

Here's a headline that I'm sitting here looking at:

"Raging Wildfire Threatens to Engulf 12,000 Homes Near Los Angeles."

As armed citizens, I don't think that our being prepared is limited to going armed. Mine sure isn't. I strive to be prepared for as many situations and scenarios as is practical.

Fortunately, I don't live in an area prone to wild fires- things are pretty darn green and wet here.

BUT- there are still plenty of opportunities for disasters, both man-made and natural.

My heart goes out to anybody whose lives are being effected by these fires, and to the fire-fighting sheepdogs who are courageous enough to fight them.

Be prepared, friend. When you get a call to work that says "You cannot return home.. the area is being evacuated", the items that you have in your car, or stored elsewhere are going to suddenly become MUCH more valuable to you.

More on this topic later...

Stay safe,
lotsip81

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am

The avatars have started working recently, but are still finiky. Jpegs, seem to be the only image that will work at all.

The servers seem better, at least the load times arent as bad.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 pm

I agree, it takes some fooling with the avatar to get it accepted but it's at least working now. You're completely correct about it only accepting JPEG's, but at least it's better than it was...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:40 pm

lots how was basic?
jdeangelis99

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks JD, I will check that out the next time I want to Post!

Thanks, Bill
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 pm

It seems as though we've got trouble with posting "new topics" for some of the members. Even though this entire "Off Topic" category can theoretically be used to place comments and complaints, I really think we need to ask members to contain their comments in one thread, which I will establish today. It's starting to get confusing for all of us. Now, using this thread as an example, it's an "Off Topic" thread in the "Off Topic" category. If you click on the "Off Topic Chatter" link to the left of this page (under General Topics) there are dozens of threads that may be appropriate to post your remarks in. This is similar in each main category. When we post an entirely different remark in the middle of a conversation, it completely disrupts the flow of the conversation. Hopefully this by itself is understandable. It's similar to walking on someone's conversation on a CB radio.

I realize there are problems for some of you, when trying to establish a "new topic" in any category of this forum. We realize this is a problem but as Moderators, we simply can do nothing about it, except report it. I'm going to establish a "Posting Problems" thread in the "Website Help" category. In the future, please leave all comments and complaints about these issues in that thread. It will help keep subjects on topic in each thread, hopefully! Any questions will be answered as promptly as they can be addressed. Thanks for your help in acheiving this goal.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Blackrifle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:41 pm

I've been trying to select a different avatar. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I keep getting a page error after submitting it. Any ideas?
Blackrifle

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:58 pm

JD,

Nice to know that you're still floating around these parts!!! Basic wasn't too bad, I did mine in Fort Jackson, SC starting in March till end of May. So the weather was really in my favor there as I am from Minnesota!!! As far as the training goes, what do you want to know? I wasn't too hard, but not too easy. I'm sure that it always seems easier when you're looking back as conmpaired to when you're actually doing it. Let me klnow what part of it your interested in and I'll definitely tell you all about it.
lotsip81

Postby beltbuckle » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:33 am

Glocks4life/g4l You around today?
beltbuckle

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Chatter