>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

New member saying Hi

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

New member saying Hi

Postby RetiredSoldier919 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:34 am

I just registered today. I just got a Ruger P95 for my B-day. Found this site and thought it would be helpful in learning to be a better pistol shooter. I've shot rifles and other weapons through military service, but this is my first pistol. I bought the Ruger because of the high praise from sites like this one. I hope to be a long-time member and keep clinging to my guns & religion here in PA.
RetiredSoldier919

Postby judgeparker » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Welcome RetiredSoldier919

There are some good folks here with a wealth of information. And I am sure you will have a lot to contribute. In my opinion you bought one heck of a pistol those Ruger's are built like tank's and will last almost forever( if properly cared for) .Also thank you very much for you service to our great country.
judgeparker

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Welcome to the forum. We got some really good people on this forum. They have been very helpful to me.
Will_Carry

Postby LeeLee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 pm

New myself. Welcome.
LeeLee

Postby RetiredSoldier919 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Took my P95 for a test drive. Shot over 100 rds without any problems. I really like the feel of this gun. My one complaint is that the slide stop is hard to operate, but that is likely due to my small hands.
RetiredSoldier919

Postby judgeparker » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:34 pm

The slide stop should loosen up some as you use it, the slide stop on my SR9 is also really stiff. Most firearms trainers I know and have heard talk about the slide stop recommend you use your off hand to pull the slide back and release into battery. They seem to believe it is a more positive way to chamber a round. Although it doesn't look as tacticool. Oh and by the way welcome LeeLee From the great state of Texas. This razorback holds no malice to you Texecans .
judgeparker

Return to Off-Topic Chatter