>
Board Index Miscellany Local Activity

Assault Rifles in CT

Discuss local gatherings, range days, clubs, gun shows, and other social get-togethers

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:20 pm

I think everyone should be worried about the silver tounged devil. I had a good laugh this morning after watching a news program and as I'm sure you're all aware, the media was Obama's best friend during the election. The report this morning was a media criticism of Obama being unable to keep his pre election promises!! What a difference one week makes! LOL! They also added that there was no way he could keep his pre election promises anyway, because everything he promised MUST be approved by Congress first. Of course with a Democratic majority in place, it'll be easier but he still was talking out the side of his ass during the entire campaign! Why weren't people bringing up these issues during the campaign? The media wanted to put on a big happy face because they're a bunch of liberal pricks anyway and now that the election is over they have to go back to stirring up trouble so they have something to complain about.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby g4l » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 am

Here's a sob story; I bought My AR MONTHS ago and haven't fired it yet! The "Obama scare" pushed Me to get one before they say I can't! I take it out and oil it once & awhile though.lol
g4l

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Quit crying about it and go shoot the damn thing already!
beltbuckle

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Glocks, I've been wanting to get one of those for a while now, why dont you send it my way and I take it out and get it broke in for you!!! LOLOL Seriously though, if I had one I dont know if I'd make it to the end of the week without taking it out to go shooting, especially if it were new and I'd never taken it out. gl4 you have more self control than I do apparently. Go out, shoot that thing, and let us know what you think of it!!!
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby g4l » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:37 pm

At the time I got it My outdoor range was going through hell with new safety regulations, I believe they reopened the rifle range again recently. I need some damn land so I can just blast away whenever I want!lol
g4l

Postby ssrs10 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Any idea how much land you have to own in order to shoot on it? I have been trying to find this out for a while now and can't seem to get a straight answer....some of my buddies shoot skeet on land that's no larger than an acre?
ssrs10

Postby agonist » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:04 pm

There's no "assault weapons ban" per se here in the Constitution state, just a list of "really scary guns" we can't have.

A funny story is when the Colt M-16 carbine was introduced it was too scary and thus banned in CT where it was designed. Soon to follow was the AR15 which we can own in any configuration.

Also too scary to own is an AK47 in 7.62x39 yet we can own a SKS in 7.62 with as big a mag as you want or you can own any AK variant like the WASR in .223 or .308.

That's what you get when people who don't know anything about guns pass gun laws.
agonist

Postby agonist » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:06 pm

Holy S..t!! I can't believe the site is letting me post!
agonist

Postby agonist » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:10 pm

To get to your question ssrs, for hunting you need 10 or more acres to firearm hunt so I assume the same to legally discharge a firearm on your property. Also there are regulations about being 500 ft. from any structure unless you have written consent of the owner of said structure (or it's yours).
agonist

Postby lotsip81 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:42 am

Holy S..t!! agonist is back and posting....long time no see. What have you been up to? Even as crappy as things have been around here from time to time, this site has always let me post. Of course Glocks had to open a new account because it wouldn't let him log in under his old name, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Good to have you back!!
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

PreviousNext

Return to Local Activity