>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Self Defense or Murder?

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Self Defense or Murder?

Postby LiberalGunman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:36 am

Wondering who has seen/heard about this story and your thoughts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSBBlEhmWNQ

Tig, I know you have an opinion...
LiberalGunman

Postby g4l » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 am

Unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately?.)) We can't see the guy on the floor. In the interview I saw, the Pharmacist said the robber was getting back up, therefore, We cannot conclude if he was still a threat or not, and the Pharmacist might not of wanted to take a chance waiting to find out the hard way; smart guy! (He's also a disabled gulf war vet).

That was more of a diplomatic answer, these are My feelings;

I'm glad the scumbag's dead, and he got what he deserved! Killing this bastard probably saved innocent lives in the long run, since he'd undoubtedly be let out of jail to do this again. My only gripe is the Pharmacist didn't kill the other one! This man is a HERO! In My personal opinion, if the robbers were white, the Pharmacist would've never been charged, if the Pharmacist were black, He'd never be charged, and this story wouldn't be a story, we'd all pat Him on the back and move on. Unfortunately, anytime a minority is killed while committing a crime by a white, it becomes much more than it really is. I'm not at all being racist, but I am being 100% real. Too bad honesty and facts equate to racism these days.

Mr. Lib-gunman; You failed to inject Your opinion. I really hope You can grasp the reality of never having this criminal harming anyone again, it could be Your Wife or Daughter shopping next time. Do you really want to chance that guy showing up after jail hardens him up even more?
g4l

Postby LiberalGunman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:56 pm

I am struggling with this one, that's why I think it makes a good topic of discussion. I agree with you that it is reasonable to assume that that kid may very well have ended up killing someone (and very well may have in the past). Therefore, we are all PROBABLY better off without him walking the streets.

However, I do think it is a dangerous line to walk in allowing anyone who wants to play judge, jury, and executioner like you describe. That's anarchy. I'm not sure if that's what the pharmacist was doing in this case, that's why I'm torn on this one.

As for race, I think I can make the case for the opposite of what you describe. If that would've been 2 blonde white teenage girls robbing the pharmacist, I doubt most of us would jump to the conclusion that they are scumbags who deserve to die. In fact, I doubt the pharmacist (or a lot of us) would have responded with the same deadly force given the exact same circumstances.
LiberalGunman

Postby g4l » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:43 pm

We don't know if the Pharmacist played the "trio" role, it's really hard to put ourselves in his shoes at that point in time. If he hesitated for one second, the kid could of turned the tables. I see much danger in charging this man with a crime; this will put more fear in the innocent person who tries to defend him/herself, and a hesatation could lead to death. This is the classic example of the good guy being turned into the criminal. I briefly read how the judge made him sell all his firearms, now making him vulnerable to some scumbag who may try to take revenge. It's easy for the court to pick on the good guys, and it's almost like they enjoy doing so. Remember Joe Horn? He went through a similar situation, but honest Americans took his back and supported his actions.
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Those two punks shouldn't have walked into a business with the apparent intention of killing the occupants if they didn't comply with their demands. The Castle Law protects the owner in situations like this. It's damn unfortunate that they decided to rob the pharmacy in the first place. They should've considered the possibility that the owner was armed but didn't. The boy with the first gun ran like a scared rabbit and the victim may or may not have been armed. The pharmacist didn't know and when the kid started to get up the pharmacist may have been afraid of an additional attack. There are some clear issues that will have to be decided but I don't think the pharmacist should've been arrested. They did that to avoid a riot, simple as that.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:33 pm

How many Other people were there in the Pharmacy? Because it can fall into a legit argument of self Defense cause The Owner should come out on top as long as the customers were in Fear of their Lives cause every Person in the Pharmacy has a Right To Self Defense and every customer that wasnt armed with an equal level of force (in this case a Hand Gun) forfeited their right to the Owner who was armed.

Random though the arresting the Owner to avoid the riot is a very similar scene as in the Movie American Gangster

I will Also Agree entirely with G4L the Race Card is becoming more and more Ridiculous . .

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 pm

The video that I watched showed the Pharmacist and one technician behind the counter. The two perps ran into the store and opened up their can of worms. It appeared that the pharmacist opened up on both of them and then the first guy, the shooter I believe, ran out of the store, leaving his partner in crime to take the brunt of the Pharmacist's self defense actions. The pharmacist ran after the first shooter and then returned to his store. Upon returning to the store, the remaining (wounded) perp tried to get up and the pharmacist said he was worried that he was going to continue his attack. At that point he shot the perp dead. One less asshole as far as I'm concerned...

tigwelder56

Postby LiberalGunman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 pm

The video that I saw, you can't see the perp at all. If he was conscious and getting up, its a no brainer. Self Defense. But if he is unconscious, which I think is reasonable to assume since the shop owner calmly turns his back on him to walk in the back to get another gun, well then now its up for debate...
LiberalGunman

Postby g4l » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:44 am

No debate; He(pharmacist) saved the State millions in housing this criminal, and saved innocent lives the low-life would have taken in the future, -done deal! If lib's only put the same effort into putting the real criminals away, instead of trying to make one out of a modern hero....hmmmm. It's all about gun-hating, they just can't stand the fact that a good person with a gun makes a difference! People are sick, all the sympathy for a street criminal, yet none for the victims!
g4l

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Lib, if your only concern is whether the perp was or wasn't getting up, why is it so hard for you believe the victim? The law abding shop owner, the victim, says he was getting up and thought he may be reaching for a gun. Since the two punks came in with a gun, he didn't know what this kid was doing. They came into that store prepared to use deadly force. When the shop owner turned the game around the perps shouldn't be surprised by the owner's legal right to protect himself and his employees. It's time to listen to the victims of crime instead of worrying about hurting the feelings of the most violent of criminals. I believe that a criminal should lose their Civil Rights whien they're commiting a crime. What's unfortunate is that the other punk didn't stick around long enough to get the measure of street justice he deserved.

tigwelder56

Next

Return to Legal & Political