>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Simple Terms Even A Liberal Can Understand...

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Simple Terms Even A Liberal Can Understand...

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Someone finally put it in simple terms even a liberal can understand.

I think!!

(Thx Gun)

If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, then no one should have one.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.. If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy. A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life. If a liberal is homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down..

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby LiberalGunman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:24 am

If a liberal sees another man on fire, he sprays him with water to save him. If a conservative sees the same man on fire, he tells the man that he got himself into this mess so he can get himself out.

If a liberal doesn't think marijuana is healthy, he doesn't smoke it. If a conservative doesn't think marijuana is healthy, he says that nobody should be allowed to smoke it-not even teminal patients with doctors recommendations and a state law saying its ok. Funny how the conservative can set aside the sanctity of state rights when its convenient.

If a liberal doesn't agree with abortion, they don't get one. If a conservative doesn't agree with abortion, they will murder to show that killing unborn babies is wrong.

If a liberal isn't attracted to the same sex, they court the opposite sex. If a conservative isn't attracted to the same sex, they belittle those who are and argue that they are an abomination that deserve less than equal rights.

The double standard goes both ways Tig. Its easy to generalize both groups, often because too many people identify as liberal or conservative and then make up their mind on issues based on what a liberal or conservative is "supposed" to believe.

Too few stand up for what they believe in their heads and hearts make sense if it goes against their political ideology...
LiberalGunman

Postby LiberalGunman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:59 pm

I like liberal amounts of freedom. I want to conserve the individual rights we have fought so hard for. I understand what yer saying Liberalgunner. "Think for yourself". "Don't jump on a bandwagon just because they're playing your song"

"You gonna pull them pistols? Or whistle Dixie?" ....The last one was from my favorite westerm movie.
LiberalGunman

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:41 pm

"If a liberal sees another man on fire, he sprays him with water to save him. If a conservative sees the same man on fire, he tells the man that he got himself into this mess so he can get himself out."

But a Conservative won't first close the fire station, fire all of the fire fighters and tell the community that if they want fire safety in their community they'll have to accept unreasonable taxation to get it back. Quit wasting taxpayer money on projects that were passed without taxpayer approval.

"If a liberal doesn't think marijuana is healthy, he doesn't smoke it. If a conservative doesn't think marijuana is healthy, he says that nobody should be allowed to smoke it-not even teminal patients with doctors recommendations and a state law saying its ok. Funny how the conservative can set aside the sanctity of state rights when its convenient."

This is neither a Liberal or Conservative disagreement. I think this is more of a general disagreement with the status quo. There are just as many Liberal's against/for as their are Conservatives (in principle only). Why is the DEA (Liberal) so hell bent on closing all the legal Pot Shops in San Francisco (Grossly liberal)? San Franciscan's have a wider choice of marijuana than they do ammunition or firearms. Seems to me that the liberals are fighting each other to find the middle. Great utilization of taxpayer funds, huh??

"If a liberal doesn't agree with abortion, they don't get one. If a conservative doesn't agree with abortion, they will murder to show that killing unborn babies is wrong."

Again, this is personal choice. I think the issue here is that conservatives don't want their taxpayer money going toward abortion. Liberal's believe it should be legislated that if you want an abortion and can't pay for it, then the taxpayer should. Consider it a right versus a legislated right. If you want one, pay for it yourself, don't force someone who is against it to pay for it.

"If a liberal isn't attracted to the same sex, they court the opposite sex. If a conservative isn't attracted to the same sex, they belittle those who are and argue that they are an abomination that deserve less than equal rights."

I don't think this is a liberal or conservative issue here either. I didn't make it one. I do believe though that it's a personal choice. Not one that should require legislation to make the decision right or wrong. Certainly not worthy of a Constitutional Amendment or changing one that exists! Put it up for a vote, let the people decide, not the government.

"The double standard goes both ways Tig. Its easy to generalize both groups, often because too many people identify as liberal or conservative and then make up their mind on issues based on what a liberal or conservative is "supposed" to believe."

"Too few stand up for what they believe in their heads and hearts make sense if it goes against their political ideology."

Why then are we seeing explosive growth in our national debt? The government is going out of its way to grow in size and not in effectiveness. When the government takes the right to make decisions away from the "People", they are also denying them the democracy this country was founded on.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby LiberalGunman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:54 pm

I disagree with your assessment of where most liberals and conservatives stand on those issues Tig. If you listen to Rush or Hannity, you will get a steady diet of what I stated the conservatives believe on these issues. The DEA and the war on drugs has been fueled by tax payer dollars at greater rates during republican administrations and congress. And if you think the only thing that stands in the way of Conservatives agreeing to abortion is who will pay for it, well thats just ridiculous. Now apparently you have more of a mind of your own than many of the clones out there and thats great. But understand that there are just as many mindless conservatives who blindly do whatever Rush and others tell them as there are Liberals who fall into the same stereotypes that you originally posted on.
LiberalGunman

Postby LiberalGunman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:56 pm

And Will,

That's a great line, but I prefer "Are you gonna skin that smoke-wagon or just stand there and bleed?" My favorite western...
LiberalGunman

Postby LiberalGunman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:29 am

Tombstone. Great western!

Half my family is conesrvative the other half is liberal. I love'em all. I sit on the fence, I recon. Liberals think I'm too conservative. Conservatives think I'm to liberal. but all that talk "don't mean doodly squat".

Tombstone, Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josse Wales, Red River

are four of my favorite westerns.
LiberalGunman

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks for the moderate viewpoint. I guess that would serve many of us well, if you agreed that everyone should sit on a fence. It's a damn shame that there are clones on either side of that fence. They seem to be responsible for a large percentage of the discord we're all currently experiencing. You dislike the common sense solutions that conservatives and conservative talk show hosts are presenting in favor of the outrageous nonsense that idiots like Pelosi and Reid, et al, are feeding America by the bucket load! What will lib's do now that their late night mouth Letterman has been exposed? I guess they'll have to start relying on Joy Lehar, lol! Why is there always an abundance of liberal deceivers? I guess it just comes naturally.

I guess we could sit here and throw rocks at each other all day but I see no reason to waste each others time. You might reevaluate your liberal beliefs and consider the stability of a conservative administration, at least from a taxation viewpoint. I prefer to believe in controlling the liberal waste and attacks on our Constitutional rights. Stop demanding all of America submit to your unilateral and arbitrary decisions and pray (Oh! Bad Word?) that more conservative values are found in that cesspool called Washington DC. I'm going to be so bold as to say that in a few short years, you'll be thankful that the current administration is welcome history.

tigwelder56

Postby smith6906 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:13 am

i dont belive in the whole liberal conservative, right left thing, i mean personaly i agree wtih alot on both sides!

I want good healthcare for all, and to conserve the lands. i want homosexuals to have a say in if they can marry or not, i want women to be able to chose if they want to keep or abort a baby.

but at the same time i want to keep the rights and freedoms that our for-fathers gave us when this beautiful country was first started. i want to keep all of my constitutional rights. the right to freedom of speach, to bear arms, to not have un-reasonable search and seasure from the government.

i want the right as a citizen to vote and make sure that niether side spends hard worked tax dollars on really stupid things, the FBI to spend money to monitor people *regan admin* or to study the masturbation habbits of 15 yo girls *clinton admin*...........we as americans should have ALL THESE RIGHTS.

The United States of America was founded on the belief that ALL MEN and i mean everyone from every sexual orientation, religion, and race should be able to live the way they want to live , without fear of persictuion from any level, wether it be goverment state or local.

Liberal, conservative, independant............we all love this country and the beliefs that it was founded on equaly, and each party has made its mistakes equaly. we all need to just sit back and look at the history of this country, and how far its come since it was founded and realise that fighting and bickering over who's right and who's wrong is pointless..........because in the grand scheme of things........were all right in some aspects :-)

thats just what i think :-)
smith6906

Postby LiberalGunman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 am

Smith,

You might be the most reasonable mind on here. Too bad there weren't more that could make up their mind regardless of the political propaganda machine.

Tig,

I always enjoy our discussions and thats what makes this country great, regardless of the problems that we both point out and debate about.
LiberalGunman

Next

Return to Legal & Political