>
Board Index Miscellany Legal & Political

Who is running YOUR City Commission???

Get informed and debate about civil rights and legal issues such as concealed carry, self-defense, and gun control.

Who is running YOUR City Commission???

Postby sallysantlerart » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:44 pm

I am a wife, mom of 3 boys, cub scout helper, youth leader, and I love to fish and hunt with my family. I thought it would be great to have a hunting/fishing expo in this area. When I started planning it the Tourism Dept. was thrilled! They helped me book Ted Nugent, and the city was helping fund the event...then it went to the City Commissioners. I was not even on the agenda, but someone brought it up anyway. There was a huge argument about how this would be bad for Woodward. The city completely backed out of the event. They warned the Tourism dept. not to help with anything, even though it would bring people here (which IS the job of the Tourism & Conventions Bureau). The Tourism director's wife is dying of pulmonary fibrosis. If he loses his job then that means he has no insurance for her. What kind of people would do that to someone? I did not realize how hostile the political views of my own city are. This is Northwest Oklahoma for crying out loud. I don't advocate blowing away innocent bystanders, but I do know where my guns and shells are before I go to bed. This world we live in kinda makes it necessary, I think. I don't care about my stuff but I love my boys. I have learned that I cannot be silent anymore. This is too close to home. I am an NRA member and I donate but I have ignored the political arena. I will become more informed and vote accordingly.
sallysantlerart

Return to Legal & Political