>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

My first concealed carry.

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby JustBen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:22 pm

What holster?

I think I need to get myself a part time job in a gun store.
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Just Ben, that's Funny! I rarely use a holster anymore.

The IWBs just never worked for me. The Fobus type, that slip over my belt & inside my jeans work best for me.

The last one I got has a 360* cant adjustment with the red rubber that snugs my leg & doesn't weigh my pants down and all my Fobus types cause the sidearm to snug in real tight.

They gotta have that 'red' rubber on them though.

They are easy to just slip on & off, without 'threading' one on a belt.

ebay is a great place to find holsters at a decent price.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby JustBen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Goanra:

Excellent advice. I am getting tired of belt looping all the time, but I do want to keep it secure when in a public rest room etc... Don't want to have to pick it up off the floor.

I will try one of these.

Thanks

Ben
JustBen

Postby lrgcal4fun » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Hay Ben,

You bring up an important point for all of us to keep in mind. Keeping your gun conceals wile using a public rest room. Those stalls are not all that privet. It is good the have thought this through before one experiences that urgent need.....
lrgcal4fun

Postby ulgydog56 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 pm

i feel that if your not carring in your pocket or istwb the holster should have a thumb or hammer break strape ive droped a gun before ...not a good feeling or safe...for c&c...
ulgydog56

Postby john118242 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 am

hey im going to start conceal carrying soon sent in for my license and waiting to get aprroved and i am looking for a good holster for a smith and wesson sigma 40 cal . i want a shoulder one cause im in a wheel chair and belt ones dont go very well its to tight on the hip
john118242

Postby lrgcal4fun » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi John,

Welcome aboard. A shoulder holster sounds like a good solution for you. De Santis makes good Shoulder rigs but my all time favorite are the Bianchi rigs.

De Santis http://www.desantisholster.com/

Bianchi http://www.bianchi-intl.com/
lrgcal4fun

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:07 am

John, I have asked one of our esteemed members that shares your mode of transportation to contact you and discuss the various methods of wheeled concealment. I have no doubt that you will be provided some excellent recommendations. Good shootin'!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GOANRA » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:47 pm

John, I have a friend who uses a wheelchair [can't leave it].

He attached an IWB holster to his wheelchair with a sewing awl. He said it took about 30 minutes to get it perfect. He didn't see any advantage in strapping it to himself. His is a 1911 type .45

Mounted on the outside panel of strong hand.

It has been there since 1970, when he was shot in the head 6 times by another friend of ours with a .22 revolver. He didn't have the $20 he owed the other friend.

He is confined to his chair and has a colostomy bag, but is otherwise right-as-rain.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 pm

That's an awfully sad story. How terrible for your friend that took all the rounds. Can I be so bold as to ask what happened to the shooter? Over $20 bucks? My heart goes out to your injured friend. Sounds like he's got a good outlook on things in general. Getting to that level must be the real challenge...

My friend mentioned that he uses an Uncle Mikes pocket holster and a shoulder rig when the weather gets cold. He also uses a North Face Day Pack when required. I think that good old ingenuity will provide you with the best option.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Concealed Carry