>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Picking a piece...

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby GOANRA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm

jcsturgeon, if you can 'compromise' on the exposed hammer, you will have many, many more options.

I have XL hands, but they are 'thick', so I prefer thinner grips, but realy don't need a place for my pinky. The longer or extended mags cause me to print too much.

However, I believe a range gun & a CC piece, are 2 different subjects; especially when it is 98* outside.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby pirouge » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:22 pm

this is a can of worms, my suggeston would be to go to a credible indoor pistol range and use (rent) various models, sure you'll spend some bucks but you will get to use a bigger variety. I've owned more guns than I can remember, I'm 71 and when it was all settled and done, I own a Bersa Thunder .380, a outstanding buy. It's got all the right stuff in all the right places. I carry a NAA mini-mag when I'm walking the neighborhood, wearing only shorts and a t-shirt, snake shot the first two rds for bad ass dogs, the rest are H/P's for their bad ass owners The Bersa goes with me on the road or to the big cities. Its always a compromise when you carry.
pirouge

Previous

Return to Concealed Carry