>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Carry permits

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Carry permits

Postby buy-now » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:26 pm

HI guys, I'm new to this site but am extremely interested in what I'm finding so far. I have owned firearms my whole life and found them very rewarding. I am 69 years old and thus far have not applied for a carry permit even though I would feel more comfortable in my travels. My back mind thoughts are that once my name becomes part of that list, I could be one of the first to loose my weapons if (God forbid) the laws change and confiscation becomes a reality. What are your thoughts ?
buy-now

Postby robalan » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:56 pm

I feel the second amendment is safe. We will have our guns a long time.
robalan

Postby JustBen » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 am

Ohio is gun friendly for the most part. I am in the 419 area code and there are several good places to get CCW training. There are some poor ones also. I do not think you will be at more risk or dissappointed if go that route, but the police will know you have a CCW from your car registration etc... I have had no issues.
JustBen

Postby ParkmanO » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 am

Buy,

You are probably in more danger of being careless about where you go with your sidearm than of having the government come and get it. If you obtain your CCW, please please train yourself to shoot well and watch for the "FIREARMS PROHIBITED" signs. Once once gets comfortable carrying, one tends to get casual about that. That and the proper method for handling traffic stops.

Now go get that permit!
ParkmanO

Postby JustBen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:00 am

Parkman0 is right. Get good training, be legal, and be prepared to fight with a gun versus simply carrying a gun. If you get into an armed confrontation, you want everything including the law on your side.
JustBen

Postby ParkmanO » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:17 pm

It just happened to me today. Went to our favorite mexican food joint with my family, carrying of course. No anti 2nd amendment notification on the front door so we go in. Halfway through lunch, I see their bulletin board in the back corner of the dining area. It has all the EEO warnings and such accompanied by the "no guns allowed" notice. Finished my meal, made small talk and left without hurry or incident, but it was a very poor place to put the notice. A good lawyer would probably have a field day.... at $400/hr.
ParkmanO

Postby buy-now » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:45 pm

Thanks Guys, I've decided to go for it and get my CCW. Now it's a problem of finding a GOOD Firearms instructor her in NE Ohio. I'm sure it won't be that hard to do.
buy-now

Postby JustBen » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Check out TDI (Tactical Defense Institute) in Adams County Ohio about an hour southeast of Cinci. You cannot get better training anywhere. The standard CCW training may get you your ticket, but even the better instructors can only do so much in 12 hours. Get some good training if you are going to do more than just carry a gun (ie: being prepared to fight with one).

www.tdiohio.com
JustBen

Postby ulgydog56 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:56 pm

also the nra has good self defence dvds cheap,and many books and shows that will give good infro,then pratice,pratice,pratice......
ulgydog56

Return to Concealed Carry