>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Deep Concealment Requirements and Discussion

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby whitehood » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:48 am

Next up is the superb Glock 26 the baby 9mm. In truth it seems to me to be a bit large in the deep concealment category, especially if the extended mag is used. Capacity is superb with a standard 10 round and the extended 12. Reliability is well.... Glock like. Need I say more and IMHO it is among the most accurate of its type. It's also the number one LEO back up weapon out there at last look. It also won't break the bank in cost. Downside is again blockiness and size and for someone like me with big hands I absolutely hate the grips. You'll also need a holster for this one. Don't drop into your pants pocket or you might just end up like Plaxico Burress or worse.
whitehood

Postby whitehood » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Next is the Kahr P series 9mm's. If you want small this is the one. I like the P9 best, but the PM9 is even smaller and IMHO is as small as you can get and still be effective. This is really a nice weapon. I don't own this one but one day I will. The one I've used was just plain nice. Reasonably accurate and reliable. Women seem to like this one.
whitehood

Postby JustBen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Those Kahr's are really nice guns, but is there a way to lighten and smooth out the trigger ?
JustBen

Postby ulgydog56 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 pm

I think there is a place 4 .380 in the deep concealment by its very nature,yes on the low end of power,but when it hot out it may be your 1 of a very few options, more so if you are a small man like me"...........................and as always load the best ammo that will cycle and money can buy...........
ulgydog56

Postby whitehood » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:53 pm

I have to admit that I find some of the new 380's like from S&W, Ruger, Kahr to be quite attractive and are a matter of personal preference. My decision to stay within the 9mm parameter is that I know that a double tap with a 9mm is probably going to stop a bad guy. I don't have that sort of confidence with the 380, nor do I believe I can shoot them as accurately. Still my personal preference. Food for thought.
whitehood

Postby JustBen » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:10 pm

I have heard a lot of stories of criminals being high on drugs so much that next to nothing will stop them. I guess that is why I prefer the heavier artillery.
JustBen

Postby robalan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:41 am

robalan

Postby Doriadiver » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:32 am

True Whitey, the PM9 is a sweet little gun. Just got one for Christmas. The DAO trigger takes a little getting used to since everything else I own is SA or SA/DA but on the whole, a very accurate weapon and certainly pocket concealable. Except for the recent temp drop, Florida heat makes it tough to conceal anything too big. Given a choice it's my Kimber Ultra Carry II but it's more than 3/4 a pound heavier loaded and considerably larger.
Doriadiver

Postby robalan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 pm

robalan

Postby Doriadiver » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:32 am

Yeah Rob, that Kimber Ultra is one sweet gun. I'd have to say it's my fav of the few I have. It's def my wife's favorite weapon and the one I carry when weather/temps permit. It's been pretty cool down this way lately, not PA cool but cool, so it's been a constant companion. It certainly makes a big hole in a small space and afterall that's what it's supposed to do. If your in the market for a 9mm check the Kimber Aegis. I have the 4" barrel and absolutely love it as well. But that's for another forum. Happy New Year to all!!!
Doriadiver

PreviousNext

Return to Concealed Carry