>
Board Index Serious Shooters Collectors

Rem. Elliott Pepperbox& Vest Pocket pistol

Get down and dirty talking about vintage and antique firearms.

Rem. Elliott Pepperbox& Vest Pocket pistol

Postby Milhouse » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:46 pm

I have very recently been gifted these two antique derringers from my Father in law. The pepperbox (4 shot, ring trigger) is in 32 rimfire, with blued barrels and what appears to be a brass frame the grips appear to be walnut. The Vest pocket pistol is in 41 rimfire, with a blued barrel, and what appears to be a nickel frame, with walnut grips. Both of these guns are in (to my rather untrained eye) 90+% condition. Can anyone give me any more info or insight as to the value of these guns? Any info would be greatly appreciated
Milhouse

Postby BrianB » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:56 am

No idea to your question but they sound pretty cool. Congrats on the wonderful gift.
BrianB

Postby Milhouse » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks.

Yeah, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. I'm new to this site. Apparently there is now way to post pictures on here? I've looked, but can't find a way. I would post pics if possible. Anyhow, still looking for info if anyone has any to offer up.
Milhouse

Postby lotsip81 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Are either of these the pistols you are talking about?

http://www.gundirectory.com/body.asp?gun=Pistol&pp=1&sort=3&mfgID=10047&mfg=Derringer&mfgURL=www.amderringer.com&mfgCou=USA

If so, then you can post the pictures here if you would so desire.

Please just make sure that the pistol you have does fit into the category that is shown.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby BrianB » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:12 pm

I am getting an error when I go to your link Lotsip. Anyways, I think that Tigwelder has a book about gun values. I forget the name though or I would give it to you. Perhaps he will see the message here or maybe you could PM him.
BrianB

Postby lotsip81 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:00 pm

I fixed the link, not sure what happened there as I check it to make sure it worked when I posted it. But I seems to be working again. The link I have set show the different derringer pistols we have on this site. Hopefully yours fit into one of these categories, but if not, we can always make a new one for you.

And yes, Tig is very good at finding values of weapons.....you should think about sending him a private message...
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby Milhouse » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Lotsip, thanks for fixing the link. I guess I should have been a little more specific. The guns I have were made between 1863 and 1888. I have found examples of them for sale on line, but so far the ones I'm seeing sold or for sale are in pretty rough condition, compared to my guns. Hopefully we'll get this thing figured out. Thanks again for the help.

Also, both of these guns fire rimfire cartridges. The pepperbox (4 barrel) is a 32 rimfire, and the single shot is a 41 rimfire.
Milhouse

Postby BrianB » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:08 am

Perhaps you could post a link to a picture?
BrianB

Postby BrianB » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:33 pm

I am in Awe of those pictures. Are those your pictures? Lovely.
BrianB

Next

Return to Collectors