>
Board Index Serious Shooters Hunting

groundhawg count!

Share stories of all things hunting: Deer, Fowl, Turkey, Big Game, or discuss recipes, sporting dogs, or bow hunting.

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:14 pm

I can hit consistantly with the ghost ring sites out to about 70 yards probably farther if I'm shooting a deer or somthing larger.

I have a leopold 3x9 vari-x II mounted on the handle so I can use either the irons, or the scope.
beltbuckle

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:56 pm

You hunt deer with your AR? What kind of performance do you get out of it when hunting larger game? What type of ammunition do you use for that? A lot of states won't let you hunt with an AR. I think there are a lot of states that also require you use a rifle that isn't capable of carrying more than five rounds and a five round detachable magazine doesn't count unless it's welded in place!

As for your admission of a 70 yard shot, that was a very honest answer! I think it's probably a bit conservative though. Something tells me you could take that out quite a bit farther, especially with a Colt. It's an accurate rifle. I'd also appreciate it if you would wrap up that scope and send it to me, I think it would look very nice on my AR! LOL!!! That's a nice scope. I'll send my address once you get it wrapped up, ha, ha!!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:05 am

I was really using the deer as an example. In Ohio you cant even hunt deer with a rifle. Unless you have a nuicence permitt :) We are currently working on getting one, then I'll let you know what an ar will do to a deer! lol..... The .223 is very effective on fox and coyote's!

I can definatly shoot farther with open sites but at 70 I pull a nice on average group of 10 rounds about 2-3 inches kneeling or prone. With a good rest better yet. If I have to shoot farther than that, my scope does the trick!!!

Oh and I'll get that right in the mail for you, let me go find some bubble wrap! I think I'm going to have to take a picture and post it up on the site.
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:24 pm

Bagged another two since I've been on. 1st at about 150yds. the other at 280!
beltbuckle

Postby jdeangelis99 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:23 pm

Hey belt buckle I Just started the war on groundhog and Its fun I take them out with my pellet gun
jdeangelis99

Postby beltbuckle » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 pm

pellet gun? I didnt realize you could kill a groundhog with a pellet gun!

I've shot 4 more though! I dont know where all these things keep coming from!
beltbuckle

Postby jdeangelis99 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:24 pm

yepp!! has to be a rifle thu i doubt a pellet handgun can kill them..
jdeangelis99

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Yeah I spent almost nothing at the local flea market on a gamo rifle and it does wonders..I can kill anything from groundhog to skunks and racoons.. I kill mostly the skunks in my yard cause they dig up my grass and spray the house
jdeangelis99

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:46 pm

Skunks??? LOL, ha, haaa!!!!! The "Skunk Killer" strikes New Jersey......... All skunks run scared in NJ!! Police search for the .177 Assassin, but all clues are said to really stink so far.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:01 pm

HAHAHAHAH I can see that happening!!! thats the sad thing
jdeangelis99

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting