>
Board Index Serious Shooters Hunting

Non-hunting girlfriend

Share stories of all things hunting: Deer, Fowl, Turkey, Big Game, or discuss recipes, sporting dogs, or bow hunting.

Non-hunting girlfriend

Postby kyle44mag » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:58 pm

As you may or may not know from my other posts I am an avid hunter. I am a member of the NRA, SCI, and the NAHC, hunting is a huge part of my life. Here's the poblem my girlfriend isn't into hunting at all. She's not an Anti(if she was she wouldn't be my girlfriend). She said and I quote, 'I dont want to see blood, a dead animal, or an animal getting shot.' Any tips?

Thank you,

Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby jdeangelis99 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:31 pm

mabey show her the plus side of hunting tell her That alot of the money goes to making the wildlife better. Hunting has many benifits.
jdeangelis99

Postby jdeangelis99 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Kyle,

When you say you are an avid Hunter, what do yo mean by that? Every Weekend, Month, twice per Yr. etc?

And what do you do with all the Kills you make?

Being I don't know these answers, I will assume she is like many Women who don't want to think that Meat does not just grow on Supermarket Shelves. LOL

I think you have a hard situation there. I doubt you will ever be able to totally change her Mind towards it, because that is just the way she feels inside about the entire process. It's very hard to change Feelings in a Person, especially Emotional Feelings. And these feelings would be considered as Emotional. IE: She doesn't want to see Bambi Shot!

Also, if you are just going out, Blowing them away and leaving them to rot, then I agree with her. But if you are only killing what you use 1 way or another, then there is nothing wrong with it.

But that will be very hard to prove to her. She would probably need to go W/O Food for a Week before she understands!
jdeangelis99

Postby kyle44mag » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:06 pm

I take a week off school every for Wisconsin's whitetail firearm season. Technically it is truency but my parents let me do it because I always make up all the work, so there really is no harm done. Down here in Illinois during Pheasant season, my Buddies and I go every weekend to hunt some pheasant. My uncle and I also take one or two long weekends every year to go duck hunting, wich is actually my favorite type of hunting. And that's what I do every year, I do other hunts to for example during spring break I'm going to fly to arizona to hunt javelinas with my uncle. Plus I do everything I can to learn more. Books, shows, magazines, forums... And I use all the meat. I have a big chest freezer in our garage that is just for things that I shot. Nothing goes to waste, with enough ketchup anything'll taste good. Iget a buck and a doe tag every year but I only use my buck one about half the time, because with the exeption of my first buck wich was barely 2 I only harvest big mature deer. Minimum four years old.

I know what you mean when you say that it is hard to change people's minds(see Socrates' Allegory of the cave). But I try to use logic, telling her how whitetail deer are responsible for about 150 deaths every year because they are under hunted. And how many millions of pounds of venison hunters gdonate to the hungry every year. And how the money from tags, stamps, and surtaxes on guns 'n' gear go to preserve wild life habitat but it just isn't working.

The strange thing is we get along great in almost every other area. I don't know what to do.

Thank you,

Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby g4l » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:43 am

Hahahaha! Don't force Her Kyle or You'll be looking for a new girl soon. I'm sure You can't find all of Her interests.....interesting, so the same goes for Her too.
g4l

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:38 am

I like Bill's answer, let her starve out in the wilderness for a few days. She'll change her mind! You'll probably be without a girl though!!!
beltbuckle

Postby kyle44mag » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:33 pm

So you guys are saying I'm pretty much screwed?

Thank you, Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:16 pm

Will she cook food that you've killed? If so she's still a keeper! If not maybe you outta keep an eye out for another! LOL
beltbuckle

Postby kyle44mag » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:59 pm

She's not all that into cooking, but I am and she loves that. I just called her and I taking her clay shooting on sunday. This is gonna be the first time she's ever held a gun. If she likes it maybe hunting won't be that far fetched.

Thank you,

kyle
kyle44mag

Postby g4l » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:38 pm

She should enjoy it, Women listen too so She should catch on quick.
g4l

Next

Return to Hunting