>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Accessories

Bright Sights

Discuss holsters, grips, magazines, sights, scopes, night-vision, gun safes, and other gun gear.

Bright Sights

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Does anyone know anything about this product? It has two different kinds of products. One is just a colored paint to put on any number of different style of sights. The other one is an illumenecent glowing paint (activated by light) that is applied to help with low light conditions.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby gator60 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:34 pm

had it on (2) rifles ,and put it on (2) friends handguns..Had a problem with adherence..it had a tendency to pop off at any time.Needs some kind of stronger base.You will have to get creative. adhesive glue?Works very well.

Gator60
gator60

Postby neverenough » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey, lotsip81.....I use the Bright Sights product and it can make a big difference in sight visuals!

I haven't run into any adherence problems like gator60 spoke of yet, but with a steady hand and the right applicator, it's easy enough to reapply (even in the field).

I use the incandesent "glow in the dark" paint which Bright Sights refers to as Ghost Glow. You just mix 2 parts of the glow paint with 1 part base color paint. (mixing with a toothpick on a piece of waxed paper works good). With a little experimentation on a piece of "scrap...something" you will find the right amount to use and have good control over the final results on your sight(s).

I know....ramble on....., but I just recently added some of mine to my Winchester model 61 rifle that carries a factory beaded blade front sight (used the orangish-red shade). The difference with seeing and quick sight acquisition is amazing!!

Now granted, the bright glowing color does not mean you can comfortably send rounds downrange on a dark night.....but in low and failing light conditions, you will see the difference, as well as in good lighting conditions.

Short story long....try some. Sometimes you don't have to pony up a bunch of cash to get a bunch of good results!

neverenough
....If you happen to find dog poop on your boot, DO NOT kick the dog....think it through for a moment.....
neverenough

Postby lotsip81 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks for the info guys.....not sure if I will buy some or not. For the price, it sure seems decent, but I am just thinking that I will probably just stick to purchasing my Trijicons. But you never know, it might not be a bad thing to have around either.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby gator60 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:14 pm

midway has a better price gator60
gator60

Postby bigdaddysdaddy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I had the "Niteliters", my suggestion is spend a little extra and get the real thing. Even when I held the special black light on it for 30 min. they'd be dull in 2 hrs. they also popped off. In my experience, they're Junk.
bigdaddysdaddy

Return to Accessories