>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Gunsmithing

What is the best over all cleaning preserve of gun

Discuss cleaning or modification of your weapon in order to maintain or upgrade reliability and performance.

Postby cappaletti » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Like anything else..personal preference. I've used it for years with no complaints...
cappaletti

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Critical, have you ever tried Eezox? I used CLP along with everything else that the snake oil salesmen came up with. When I was introduced to this stuff, I found it hard to believe that something could work so good at everything! It's good for so much more than your run of the mill stuff. You owe it to yourself to try it. You won't go back!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm

When your gun has to perform reliably, the lubricant you use is soooo important. Not to thick, not to thin, good wear and corrosion protection, and does not go bad while the gun is sitting idle. Make sure you test it out and get experience with your chosen brand like Cap does.
JustBen

Postby cappaletti » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Like I said b-4..have used all grades of lubricants over the years but gotta agree with Tig 100%..I'm sold on Eezox and am working to get the word out about it!
cappaletti

Postby gbshive » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:24 pm

I am another convert to Eesox. Tig told me about it about a year ago. I make sure I alweays have a supply on hand. Company is great to deal with on mail orders too. Fast and really not bad on pricing. I have a Springfield 1861 replica from Euroarms. It has a white (steel) barrel which everyone knows will rust very easily if not maintained regularly -whether fired or not. I wipe it with Eesox and in humid environments it stays great. Not to mention using Eesox i n the field and for normal cleaning. A good test is use the brand of your choice for cleaning and then redo with Eesox.
gbshive

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:44 pm

I think we should forward this information to Eezox! Maybe we could get them to provide a "Gundirectory" discount!! I think we've certainly provided them with some excellent firsthand experience and recommendations!! This stuff is great, but we knew that a long time ago!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby JustBen » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:55 am

Tig:

I checked the Eezox website and it shows a company in Warren, Ohio as the source (Warren Custom Outdoor). It also states that they have many different lubricants, all Synthetic. Most of the lubricants you see in the sotres are all Mineral Based. I know from the automotive world, synthetics give you much better cold cranking performance and they protect much better by staying in solution and adhering to the metal surfaces much better than mineral based oils.

They are about 3 hours from where I live. If this is the right place, I need to go Christmas shopping.

Ben

PS: I might also give them a call about their business plans and distribution network.
JustBen

Postby cappaletti » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am

Tig..great idea! I posted some remarks at barrelandblade about Kroil and Eezox just yesterday but if they knew about the following and loyal users maybe they wud get off their duff and start some kind of marketing campaign!

JusrBen..let us know what happens on ur 'venture' to Warren....
cappaletti

Postby cappaletti » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:46 am

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!!! Just found this on another site......go to www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm...I did and I was VERY pleasantly surprised !!! CHECK IT OUT !
cappaletti

Postby BrianB » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks for the link Cap, very cool stuff.
BrianB

PreviousNext

Return to Gunsmithing