>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Ammunition

Stars And Stripes Ammo Fraud Alert

Discussions and arguments about caliber types, ballistics, ammo loads, handloading, and reloading.

Stars And Stripes Ammo Fraud Alert

Postby StevenFBarr » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:49 am

Below is a cut and paste of my formal BBB complaint about Stars and Stripes Custom Ammo in Florida.

I found an almost identical complaint on Yelp. BEWARE, please...

I Ordered $539.00 of custom ammunition. Was charged for it 3/2/11. Product never delivered. Called every 2 weeks, owner answers first "wait longer, it takes 3-4 weeks UPS ground ship". Waited, nothing, called again and told to wait longer. Called again seeking UPS tracking number and was told didn't have handy "will get back to you on that". Called 4th time told "maybe got lost in shipping, maybe shipping label fell off". Told to wait longer and he would research the item through UPS. Waited longer. Called and I told him if the order was lost, reship and give me a valid UPS tracking number. I was told "would reship today, and would email me the tracking number tomorrow". No tracking number sent. I Called again and said just give me a refund or a valid tracking number. Nothing in 3 weeks. Filed Fraud complaint through US Bank Visa. Was told by Visa rep that this guy was obviously a very smart con artist because he knew to string me along past the 60 day filing limit and they didn't know if they could get my money back beyond the 60 day normal limit. I'm filing additional complaints through the BATF. Waiting to hear if Visa can get my money back.
StevenFBarr

Return to Ammunition