>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Ammunition

+P/+P+ Ammo Information

Discussions and arguments about caliber types, ballistics, ammo loads, handloading, and reloading.

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Bob, you may have this information already, but I'm going to send this link to you anyway! Check it out, it's a good reference on headstamps! http://www.pbase.com/tikkakoski/metric_pistol&page=2

This has some dimensions of 9mm cases: http://www.makarov.com/graphics/9mmcases.jpg
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:32 pm

That's very interesting! I really have never looked into these things. It always seemed anyway that they all were just about the same. But, I usually just ask for 9mm Carry Ammo, and take what they have, and they never have the same thing twice. I have 4 different Brands here, and all are just about the same, except for the Corbons. I think I'll just take them back the next time I go. It's really not worth screwing up my Gun.

Again though, I'm just guessing about the size difference, as I have nothing here to measure with at the time. I'm comparing them now and they seem about 1/4 inch shorter overall.

Thank's!
Gloc9mm

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Hey Gloc, isn't about time you bought an inexpensive Caliper? They're very reasonable now and available everywhere! I couldn't live without mine :-))

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Here's a general info study regarding loading the 9mm. It provides information on the headstamps and whom they might belong to. http://members.cox.net/hayes1966/reloading9mm.htm

tigwelder56

Postby Trapdoorbob » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Good info. Do you have a link like that for 45 ACP match ammo?
Trapdoorbob

Postby Gloc9mm » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:25 am

I know Tig! I didn't ask this initially because I knew someone would call me on it. I must have 2 or 3 of them in my rollaway, but in my Apt. I don't even have a screwdriver, no less Calipers! Since getting Divorced 15 yrs ago I lead a life of a typical Bachelor! Anything I need fixed they do so I have never needed any tools here. Sorry for the light info I supplied with my question.

Thank's for the info guys! I am just going to switch them next time I go.
Gloc9mm

Postby Trapdoorbob » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Gloc9mm, I have been married for so long, I have no idea what you are talking about ;-))
Trapdoorbob

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Bob, I didn't get your request, let me look into that now. Sorry about that! I'm checking on getting that but am waiting to hear back on it. Hopefully it won't be long if I can ahold of him!

tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Ammunition