>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Other Weapons

PEPPER SPRAY FOR DEFENCE

Heavy stuff like machine guns and artillery, or less-lethal weapons such as bows, swords and knives.

PEPPER SPRAY FOR DEFENCE

Postby Glenmo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:21 pm

I personally Like & carry 10%MACE Brand Pepper guard 24/7 when carrying a lic gun for self defense.It has the "flip top cover" for safety which gives you quick activation ,should you need to use it . When I travel to a jurisdiction that I cant legally carry my gun,I also carry the "Kimber Pepper Blaster & the Mace 10% pepper-guard..I carry a Cold Steel or Spyderco Folding Knife for utility & last ditch Back-Up. I don't use a Taser or Stun Gun as those are Illegal in MANY places.
Glenmo

Postby ulgydog56 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

glen.... i think personaly pepper spray is great for prolbems less than lethal force,stupid people,a- holes,dogs and such....its good stuff but to be used with discretion as always...
ulgydog56

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 am

Hi, I'm not the best when it comes to remembering laws on items that I personally have never used, but isn't it illegal to carry pepper spray/mace where you are not allowed to carry a weapon?

Don't take me wrong, I'm not challenging anyone.

I'm just interested for my own info as a friend of mine asked me to get her pepper spray for use in NY and I told her I couldn't. I don't want her thinking I just didn't want to be bothered if she learns differently. If it's ok can I ship it?

Tks
Gloc9mm

Postby GOANRA » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Not legal in NY. Some States have size limitations and some like Kalifornia require a class.

It is legal in many states. I recommend Fox Labs in a 2 oz container from the Fox Labs site to ensure getting a fresh one.

Carrying OC with a sidearm is good sense as the OC works against unarmed thugs who would otherwise give you a beating.

Beware the endless phony brands out there!! I only use Fox Labs or Guardian with 2 to 5 million SHUs rating and prefer the stream to the spray.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:22 am

Thank's for the info!
Gloc9mm

Re: PEPPER SPRAY FOR DEFENSE

Postby GOANRA » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:55 pm

This is a good reminder to replace my 'Intermediate weapon', A sidearm is good to have with you, but it is useless if you are about to receive a beat-down from a couple intoxicated XXL bullies looking for a fight. Most embarrassing too, I hear. Especially if you are out with your wife, GF, etc.

I use Fox Labs 5.3 Million SHU OC (pepper spray).
This year, I'm going to swap my 2.0 flip-top (full) unit for an 11G (one ounce) keychain model, which should be enough for about 20 doses. I won't put it on my keychain, more likely just keep it in a pocket.

There are several other good brands, but there are 100x more phonies out there.
Many claim to be better but, pepper percentage doesn't mean anything if you don't know the type of 'pepper' being used, rosin type, field tests, etc., etc.

I know most the effective brands, but for $13. I can get the best.
Just now got mine HERE: [url]http://www.guardian-self-defense.com/fox-labs-hard-case-key-chain-release#.UW9srMrMvBI[/url]

Got one for the wife and DIL, too.
God help the idiot who gets hosed by that Liquid Hell mixed with Acid & Butt-Kick in a can !!
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Re: PEPPER SPRAY FOR DEFENCE

Postby GOANRA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Just got my 11g key chain or pocket clip container of Fox Labs O.C. today from [url]Guardian-Self-Defense.com[/url]
As usual, I worry about hosin' myself accidently... I have known quite a few LEOs who have done just that... or had someone else hose them with the 'spray' type with no regard for the wind, while takin' down a BG.

It is why so many won't even carry it.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
GOANRA

Return to Other Weapons