>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Beretta CX4 STORM Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Postby radio_relay » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:32 am

Ibero, I got my rails at Houts Enterprises => http://www.houtsenterprises.com/cx4.html

My top rail was about $50 (with shipping).

Definitely a smooth shooting little gun. I think it's the perfect home defense weapon. Small enough to easily carry at the ready through a house, but the longer barrel makes it more accurate, and you can use it at medium distances too (like 100 yards) if your in an urban area, and have some kind of situation that calls for long range protection of your property (Katrina?).

I've got a folding front grip, a light, and sling on mine. I got a red dot scope too, but didn't really like it. I prefer the iron sites. That's how I learned to shoot, and like it better.

The CX4 is also extremely easy to break down and clean. I really like mine.
radio_relay

Postby Ibero-Roman » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:13 pm

Thanks for the info Radio. I decided to get this weapon based on your reviews funny enough. I've only put 50 rounds through it, but I could see how accurate it is (the entire bullseye was torn out at 12 yds). I'm wanting to get it fancied up. Rails, scope w/red dot or holo, light and I guess a sling. It is easy to break down as I did that the day I bought it and changed it over to left-handed. One question: Do you know if this carbine can fire +P rounds or +P+ rounds?
Ibero-Roman

Postby radio_relay » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:53 am

Yes Ibero, this little carbine can handle +P and +P+ ammo just fine. In fact, the round I keep loaded for home defense in my CX4 is the +P Remington Golden Sabre hollow point. IMHO Those high performance, "designer" rounds will work best in a gun like the the CX4, due to the longer barrel, which help reach the optimum muzzle velocities that +P ammo needs for best performance (i.e. penetration and expansion). When loaded with +P hollow point ammo, I think this weapon is the very best option for home defense.

I hope my comments on this gun have influenced you to purchase a weapon that works out as well for you, as it has for me.

The other fun thing about owning a CX4, is that there are many customizing options for it... if you can afford it, there are all kinds of things that can be mounted on it :o) ... Checkout this link for some pics of what others have done with their CX-4's:

http://berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14
radio_relay

Postby Ibero-Roman » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:49 pm

Thanks for confirming that this can take both +P and +P+ rounds. Those rounds basically make this a magnum powered carbine. I love the Remington Golden Sabre Hollow points--i've used them for my 10mm glock 29 and they are very potent. Doubletap ammo makes some great 200gr. hornady hollow points and some 200gr. Flat nosed rds I'd like to try with this weapon. I'd love to customize this baby as much as possible--starting with a rail for a scope and perhaps a light and sling. Next course of action would also be to buy some high capacity mags (mine only hold 11). Thanks for the links and info.
Ibero-Roman

Postby ardiver » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:28 pm

I just wanted to drop a note in here that so far I've let 2 people outside family shoot my CX4 9mm, both knocked the center out of the target at 30yards. The first one went out the next week and bought one, the other...I believe he's doing his pre-purchase research right now heh heh.
ardiver

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:41 pm

KEWL!! Welcome to the Forum "ardiver"! Glad to have a new member, I think you'll enjoy the group we have here. We have a lot of knowledgeable members here including Law Enforcement and Military. Take a look at the rest of the forum when you've got time to browse all the threads. I'm sure you'll find a lot of things that peak your interests.

Your new rifle looks very different from our routine rifle designs. How are the ergonomics on the rifle? You mentioned that it's quite accurate. Have you been able to put a scope on it? I'm curious to know what kind of accuracy it has out to 100 yards. The design doesn't provide for too much long distance accuracy but sometimes they'll surprise you. What do you think of the stock sights? What are they like? Let us know! Take care and again, welcome to the forum!

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ardiver » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:46 am

Your right, its a VERY unique design and if it were nothing else, it's an immediate attention grabber. The grip, comfort and ergonomics of the gun's design are not only asthetic, they provide a great platform for various types of shooting.

My particular CX4 is the 9mm luger variant.

Myself, I'm a plinker, have been since age 6 and short of my Dad's Remington Nylon 66, this has already become my favorite rifle I've ever been around.

The picatinny rail has taken both scopes I've applied to it, though I have yet to have the time to give it the worth while time on the 100yd range. But the two times I have taken it there, at 100 yards there was about an inch of drop, maybe a little less. The iron sites, for those familiar with the AR, would make you feel right at home. Single "pin" front site, this can be flipped down, though I fail to see the purpose since the protective sides cannot be moved away, so you still have the heigth there, but I'm sure someone else could explain the reasoning for this. The rear site has the all too familiar "peeps" for for SR short range and one for LR long range.

The majority of this guns rounds have been fired in our "pistol" bays at the club and best I can tell they are approximately 30yds from target stands to bays. This makes the complete removal of the center of a 8" x 8" target pretty much effortless. I'm no crack shot, and thats probably a big target for that range, but it sure is fun :).

As I'm sure most would agree for something to get all the positive comments that this gun gets, there has to be at least ONE negative. Mine from the go wouldn't lock the slide back after the final round, but even that was fixed with a good cleaning and a little adjustment to the piece that causes that function (sorry, I'm not gunsmith so I can't name the part)

The gun has a very nice weight and though I can't forsee me having a need to carry this gun around for days at a time, I would think that it would be very comfortable to do so with.

Let me know if there's anything else I can tell you about the gun.
ardiver

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:19 am

Nope!! At this moment I can't think of anything you didn't answer. You've got a great way of talking "Guns" and I found your review to be very interesting and informative. Your comments have probably resulted in more than a few shooters to take a look at this rifle.

I hope to hear more from you as you get this more than interesting firearm dialed in. We're always here and after reading your ability to put things down in print, I hope to see you back as a regular contributor! Thanks so much for your interest and time spent sharing your experiences with this rifle. Take care and I hope you share the rest of your firearm experiences with us!

Tig

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby spoonman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:09 pm

i just picked up a used .40 cal (only 50 rounds) i just use the stock sights and was right on at 50 yards. it's a blast to shoot and easy to take down. i couldn't pass it up.
spoonman

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:17 pm

This looks like something right out of a Star Wars movie! It's a good time to buy anything associated with firearms. I'm afraid the prices are going to skyrocket after the inauguration.

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Rifles