>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Barrett M82A1/M107 Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:00 am

I've requested a completely different make of 50BMG to be added to the list. Once done I'll show you some 50's that are much more reasonable in cost and pretty damn cool on their own.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby glockmeister » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:41 pm

the great thing is that in Illinois I cant use a rifle on deer because the bullets travel too far. BUT if I wanted to use a 50 for squirrel, that is ok.
glockmeister

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Glockmeister, you're way behind the times aren't you? There is a term for what you just described when taking squirrels with a 50 BMG is involved. It's a hunter's equivalent of "Aromatherapy; Wildlife Scent"

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby SamFisher » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:19 am

I would much rather have an FNH FS2000 to shoot squirrels with than a Barrett. Unfortunately, I know a guy who really wants a Barrett, badly. Unless you're going to blow out the engine block on your annoying neighbor's car, I really don't see the point in owning one of these things. To me, it has 'overkill' written all over it.
SamFisher

Postby glockmeister » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:23 pm

It was just meant as a dig at our crimminal and comminist Governor in Illinois. LOL
glockmeister

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:35 pm

I followed your intent from the start! You do have an antiquated system in that state! The only way you'll correct it is to vote the right people into the positions of authority and intelligence that your state government is so sadly lacking.

tigwelder56

Postby glockmeister » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 pm

The only way to make that happen is to make Chicago the 51st state. Remember vote offten vote early it is your duty as a Chitown resident LOL
glockmeister

Postby E-7 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:00 am

The Barrett M82A1 is a hoot to shoot. Why own one?, Well if you want to challenge your self to see just how good a shot you are. Make the attempt to hit a target at 2000 yards. The gun may get the round down range, but it is the operator that gets it on the target. Is it worth the $8500.00 price tag? You bet your ass it is! With the right optics it will amaze you. I don't know about hunting squirrels with it, unless you want them cleaned and cooked all at the same time. Now that would be overkill.
E-7

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:46 pm

I watched a program this week and watched the shooter hit targets out to 2000 yards over and over. He used ball ammo and an HE AP load that really made me sit up and take notice! At that distance it would penetrate almost an inch of armor plate. That's a no bullshit firearm there!! And yes, I'd love to have one too. No different than wanting a cherry 55 Chevy or a 69 Camaro Z28! It's because I want one, that's my reason!

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:36 pm

Let's just all get together, and get a good Buy on some Surplus Tanks if you want to shoot at Squirrels! May not hit it, but Hell, you will take out the next Towns whole Squirrel Population!!

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Rifles