>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Reviews

Postby dvsilverwing » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:42 am

EXCELLENT! it is a fine gun, fired over 1,000 rounds through it, and .223 ammo aint too cheap =(. But it has never jammed once. i bought a dragunov style stock and a 30 round clip and put a scope and bipod on it. They also sell a 6.8 spc. version of it, its fairly new. they also sell a mini 30 which takes 7.62x39 i think. then the smaller version...the ruger ac556...now thats some eyecandy, 15 round clip full auto mini14 looking pistol grip eyecandy!
dvsilverwing

Postby seanhowies » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:04 am

Purchased mine two weeks ago and couldn't be happier.
seanhowies

Postby harleyranger » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:11 am

aww the mini -14 .. once again i found mine in a pawn shop

as usual took it home cleaned it up now there is a differance between the mini =14 and the ranch rifle,, a regular mini -14 has no provision for a scope .. at least from the factory .. whereas the ranch rifle does but it takes ruger rings i have seen after market weaver type mounts on the market for the ranch ok back to my mini a stainless pre-ban model with one ruger preban hi cap clip the stock was cracked not badly but not in a good place either i got on line on ebay and found a new take off stock .. dropped right in now i like to scope all my rifles but my mini had no provision for that ok so i reseaeched it and founfd a mount by b-square,, ugly dam thing but it worked and actually held zeroi used it like that for quite a while then i got bored with it ,, so i started looking for a different scope mount ,, ,,, my savuior was an online catalog from midway weaver has this really trick mount ,, it mounts really easy and only requires that you take off your factory sights i don't remember the model .. but it retails for about 62 dollars puts the scope on a line of sight down the barrel and is worlds better than my previous choice ,, i also put a butler creek folding stock on it and a muzzle brake on it .. looks great dosn't make it any more accurate most minis don't shooot a real good grouping .. i have read and researched this extensivly as i am very demanding on tight groups .. apparently thes a harminics problem with the mini where the barrel and stock meet i have been told my choice of stock dosn;t help matters either ,, but hey lol it looks bitchen and i didn't build it to compete ,, i have a parker hale custom for that all in all tho its ruger reliable pretty easy to work on and like its lil brother the 1022 has lots of extras to be had
harleyranger

Postby quikdrawmagraw » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:14 pm

quikdrawmagraw

Postby 5ring » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:30 am

I love my Mini. I've had it for nine years now. Stainless with black poly stock. Its a tough little rifle that will take any kind of punishment you can dish out and still punch the paper. Its operating system is based on the M1 Garand rifle. Hey, millions of dead Germans and Japanese soldiers can't be wrong. Far more dependable than any Stoner design. My one complaint is the weak magazine release pin (the internal one inside the mag well). Its so weak that the weight of a full metal 30rd mag sags just enough to cause the bolt to pass over the mag without stripping the round from the mag. Solution, Israeli synthetic mags. They are lighter and I've had no feeding problems with them. The Mini-14 makes a good patrol rifle. I routinely shoot possibles with it and my Glock 22 during transition drills. It's no sniper rifle, but it will still hit a man-sized target at 300yds with the proper dope and windage.
5ring

Postby JJJJJJJMMMMMMMTTTTT » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:05 pm

fantastic gun. I hd a butler creek stock on it and 2 30rnd clips. One of the best guns ive owned but it was stolen from me.
JJJJJJJMMMMMMMTTTTT

Postby sidewinder » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:40 pm

I have 2 mini-14s and for semi-auto .223 I prefer them to my AR15 and my bushmaster.

I have reciently purchased an AC556 -- for all you guys out there that love the mini14 -- this is a full auto version with folding stock -- they are a bit pricy ($8,500) but really fun!!
sidewinder

Postby bearpower » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:44 am

I like mine very reliable
bearpower

Postby Torch » Wed May 28, 2008 11:04 pm

I own a stainless Ranch Rifle and love it, but seriously considered getting rid of it at one time because reliable after-market hi-cap magazines were nearly impossible to find. And factory magazines are outrageously expensive. However, I decided to try the synthetic mags offered by TAPCO. They're made by Pro-Mag, and are without a doubt the finest magazines I've tried for the Mini. Never a failure, ever! Thanks to Pro-Mag and TAPCO, I'm enjoying my Mini as it should be. I highly recommend both rifle and magazines to anyone interested.
Torch

Postby Torch » Wed May 28, 2008 11:36 pm

Ive love my Mini 14 too. It's a great rifle in my opinion. I can shoot very tight patters easy at 100 plus. I do however have a bitchn Leopold scope on mine...so Ive got leg up. It does shoot very well with open sights too. Ruger magz are mad expensive. I got mine years ago when I got mine they were not too bad and I go myself a couple extra. So Im all set.

But I am glad to hear that everyones dign on their Mini 14s. Glad ya kept Torch. It wont fail you. I use if for target shoot as well as hunting. I've dropped many a deer with this gun. Yeah for Mini 14s.
Torch

Next

Return to Rifles