>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Mossberg Tactical .22 (AR Design)

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Mossberg Tactical .22 (AR Design)

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Here is an AR clone in .22LR made by one of the best rifle and shotgun manufacturers around. The price they're asking for one of these is way over reasonable at $249.00. Take a look at this rifle before you forget to!! http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/70845
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Mossberg Tactical .22 (AR Design)

Postby GOANRA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 pm

I just saw one of these at my Local Gun Shop and handled it some. It had an 18 in bbl and a fixed A2 carry handle. It only weighed 5 lbs. The quad rail (picatinny) hand guard made it look quite easy to add on lights, lasers, bipods, etc.
The carry handle also had a Picatinny rail for a scope mount.
IIRC, Weaver fits Picatinny, but Picatinny doesnt fit Weaver, anyway they are diff sizes.
They also make a "flat top" model.

It was selling for $329. at the LGS. The idea is to allow the shooter to stay in practice with his AR-15, while saving on the cost of ammo. It felt like cheap plastic to me, not a good polymer.
Aslo, the BCG & such are a molded look-alike with no function. The rifle can not be disassembled, those types cost over $600.
5.56x45 FMJ rounds are running $0.70 $1.00+ per round at present.

.22lr seems to be quite scarce as well.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Rifles