>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Mossberg Maverick Model 88 Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby coolpapacatdj » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:19 pm

This is an outstanding weapon! My Mdl 88 has been perfect on the range (Ben Avery, Phoenix, AZ). Shoots great at 100 yards and even better at 50. It is my fun gun. With the 28" field barrel, it's too unweildly for use in the home. When I can afford the 18.5" barrel, I'll reconsider for home defense. I use slugs on the range, but no matter what size shot you use, it's accurate and fun to shoot!
coolpapacatdj

Postby ShootSS » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:42 am

The difference between the Maverick and the Mossberg is language people who manufacture them. (The Maverick is a foreign job).

Nothing against the Chinese language really, but I prefer English. NOTE: They may be stamped U.S.A., but it is my understanding that they are not made here.
ShootSS

Postby coolpapacatdj » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:54 pm

Hey ShootSS, I'm coolpapacatdj. Where did you get the data that the Maverick Mdl 88 is a foreign made weapon? My manual is in english, everything on the gun is in english and like you said, it's stamped made in the USA! Show me where you found this info. OK?
coolpapacatdj

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:55 pm

The Maverick 88 is American made in Eagle Pass, TX. It is Mossberg's budget line shotgun and the parts are interchangeable with the Mossberg 500 line of shotguns. No Chinese lead paint on these babies!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby coolpapacatdj » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:19 pm

Right on, Tig. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :-)
coolpapacatdj

Postby coolpapacatdj » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:40 pm

Oh, and ShootSS, from the mouth of Mossberg themselves:

Thank you for your e-mail. Yes, this gun is made in U.S.A, is made in Texas. If you need further assistance contact us at 1-800-363-3555.

Does that do it for ya?
coolpapacatdj

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:27 pm

Mine is an exact copy of the one pictured above. It's a great shotgun, and has always performed well for me. There are endless accessories for the 88 and Moss 500 shotguns. I haven't changed anything except for the addition of a 1X red dot sight. It's a great gun and certainly worth more than the sale price! I would recommend it to anyone searching for a reliable defense shotgun.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ShootSS » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:47 am

I stand corrected. I was at a gun show and a collector said they were only stamped Mossberg, but were foreign jobs. I was the bystander, figured he knew what he was talking about.

There you go kids. Don't repeat everything you hear! >grin<
ShootSS

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:36 pm

That's okay! That dealer was probably trying to convince you to spend more money by bashing the 88. It really is a good shotgun and serves me well.

tigwelder56

Postby coolpapacatdj » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:28 am

I just purchased an 18.5" barrel for my Maverick and it is a beaut'! With the shorter barrel, I could control it easier and just tore up my target at 15 yards using slugs. Thankfully, the Mossberg 500 barrels are interchangeable!
coolpapacatdj

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns