>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Beretta Xtrema2 Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Beretta Xtrema2 Reviews

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:49 am

Anyone have this shotgun? I'm very intrigued after watching some you tube vidoes.
beltbuckle

Postby payne75 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm

I have had one for about a year and it is worth it,s weight in gold, and with the aqua tech coating it doesn't matter if you forget it in a case over night after a rainy hunt you won't wake up to a rusty gun. I have put a couple thousand rounds through it and never have had a problem, but I do keep it very clean
payne75

Postby adleylu » Sat May 08, 2010 11:28 pm

I've had an Xtrema 2 for 3 seasons now. It is quite simply the best waterfowl shotgun ever built. I hunt hard, 50 to 60 days of the year. I rarely clean the gun, in fact I shot 78 boxes of shells once without cleaning it on purpose. It finally started to slow down a little when the temp reached 28 degrees. One small squirt of lube, and I was good to go for the rest of the hunt, then I cleaned it. You can try to get it to rust, but it won't unless you wear the finish off somehow, which is very hard. The camo is finally starting to come off where my cheek hits the stock after 3 to 4 thousand rounds I guess. The gun eats anything you feed it from the lightest loads to 2 3/8 oz. turkey loads. I don't have the kickoff, so mine gives quite the pounding with very heavy loads, but the kickoff really works well, it's no hype. 7 out of 8 of our group that hunt hard shoot the Xtrema 2 now. It's just that good. Notice how you rarely come across these guns used? If you do, they are usually in a jam and need the money.
adleylu

Postby whitehood » Sun May 09, 2010 11:33 am

I'll have to agree on this one. I don't have one but it will likely be my next sporting shotgun purchase. I had a buddy who brought one to Argentina and who just might be the best shot with a scattergun I have even seen. This thing digested every bit of Argentine shotshells to the tune of thousands in 5 days including law brass without a hitch. It's clear cut competition for the SBE II in just about every way and the last time I looked was just a bit cheaper.
whitehood

Postby adleylu » Sun May 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Think of it as doing everything the SBE II will do with a much much tougher finish. I have nothing against a Benelli either like some Beretta owners do. I just bought a Cordoba 20 gauge yesterday for doves and teal, which by the way I have exclusively used the Xtrema II for until now. Just thought I'd try something different.

You don't even have to wipe down the exterior after a hunt, ever. Maybe I'd do it after a saltwater marsh hunt. It's amazing.
adleylu

Postby whitehood » Sun May 09, 2010 12:19 pm

I have the SBE I and a Beretta A390. Both are excellent shotguns and I'll never wear them out. Both have been to Argentina. The SBE struggles with short brass, but the Beretta just eats it up. The Xtrema is a can't go wrong shotgun.
whitehood

Postby garrett1418 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 pm

This gun is AWESOME! I've had one for four years now with minimal problems and I beat the hell out of this gun. 2500 rounds without cleaning it! About 8000 total! Its been under water, rained on, snowed on, pissed on by the dog, dropped out of the truck and the boat, thrown in frustration and it keeps on going. No rust! It shoots any 12 gauge ammo you can find, so use the cheap stuff for clays. One problem I had was, the pin that holds the ejector spring in, broke ($12 part and I fixed it in less than 15 min) This happened after I went on a snow goose hunt and shot A LOT of 3.5 shells. If you are in the market for the last bird gun you'll ever buy, just grit your teeth and write the check! You won't regret it.
garrett1418

Return to Shotguns