>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Mossberg Maverick 88 Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby baily » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:47 pm

im mainly going to use it around my house cause i live out in the country and thanks for the advice
baily

Postby Shadowlogic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:51 am

I've got the 20 gauge model and i'm looking for accessories I plan to buy the rifled barrel with the rail and putting a small scope on it, but I've heard the 500's 20 gauge barrels will interchange with the 88 is this true?
Shadowlogic

Postby ke7zem » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:41 pm

I have the Mossberg Pistol Grip 500 pump with 18 1/4 inch barrel. My local range will let you use slugs, or buckshot. I opted for buckshot. I found a couple different variations of 00 (double ot) buckshot with different velosities. Oh, this is in the 2 and 3/4 size. Fiocchi has a "low recoil" 00 shell traveling around 1150 fps with 9 pellets aboard. With the pistol grip mind you, these were easy, just a little more than a good birdshot round. Then I got the same kind of shell only these traveled at 1650 (these were the Hornady Critical Defense shells) fps and after I shot 8 of those, my hand holding the pistol grip was about done. These are the ones I am keeping at the house for when the unwanted visitor comes, I keep a number 8 birdshot in the chamber, usually the first shot will scare somebody off and reduces chance of collateral damage, then I have 5 of the 1650 fps buckshot waiting. Not to mention my 1911 with 3 mags full of Remiington La Sabre 230 SJHP waiting and my Beretta 84 that has 4 13 round mags full. plus a 200 lumen Surefire flashlight that will basically blind someone in the complete darkness. I bought these through Cheaper than dirt, if the package doesn't weigh too much, it seems you get a little better dean from retail stores.
ke7zem

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Shit man, you're ready for a War!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ke7zem » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't now about that, compared to some of the guys and there arsenal, it looks like i have a pea shooter, lol
ke7zem

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:04 am

That may be accurate if you believe that more firearms make someone a better warrior. Trust me, you have more than enough now to keep your piece of the neighborhood well protected!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Shotguns