>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Remington Model 870 Express Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby Rivers2k » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:33 pm

I wanted to know if anyone has had problems with extension mags coming apart? I put one on and took is skeet shooting for the first time I put countless rounds through it we were shooting all day and towards the end of the day I found the tube of the extension mag pulling away from where it was threaded. Anyone have any experience with this?

By the way the gun its self is awesome. It was by far the cheapest shotgun on the bench and I held my own with the more experienced guys.
Rivers2k

Postby Rivers2k » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Can't go wrong with an 870 Remmy!!! They're the tits (any 870 is)!!!

I've had no problems with my 870s. They're great.

Perhaps, you've got a defective gun. Check with Remmy, they're pretty good at help'n ya out...in my past experence. Hope this helps ya out dude! Please don't let this sour you on Remmington...they're a great company.

Peace...240SX (yes...I'm a drifter)! hee hee (wrong site for that though)
Rivers2k

Postby Rivers2k » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:06 pm

haha yeah I gotcha. I still love my Remmy. Its the after market extension mags I have the problem with. I can't find a quality one either they are plastic or the metal ones come apart after a few rounds go through. might just cap it off again oh well.
Rivers2k

Postby Rivers2k » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:23 pm

Well put and well said. The 870 is AWESOME!!! Can't go wrong with one. Yeah, you may have some eaily fixable probles, but what gun does?
Rivers2k

Postby outdrsmn82 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:45 pm

hands down awesome gun. very reliable and well built this is the only brand shoutgun i will buy. can do what the high dollar ones do without even trying. i love it. done killed rabbits, ducks, opossums, and tons on skeet. i got the wood but i do like the synthetic. also man the upgrades/accessories for it is great man.
outdrsmn82

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:01 am

Like cool man!! I totally agree with you. You didn't have a problem in Chocolate City did you? That moron confiscated a lot of legal firearms that still haven't been returned. That's way un-cool dude! Welcome to the forum man!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Blindstalker » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:00 pm

I got this gun in the summer of 2008. I was the proud owner of my first shotgun and have put about 500 rounds through it and plan on many more. This gun is great and it hadn't given me any trouble until last time we went shootin. It was about 15 degrees out side so we were pretty cold. We were doing fine untill we ran out of our usual ammo and started using a different type. it was pretty cheap. the empties kept getting stuck in the barrel. you couldnt even pump it back after you shot. had to take it apart about 3 times that day and when i was trying to get one of them out of the barrel i ended up cutting my finger on a sharp part of the barrel. i also just bought a 10 shot magazine extension which is nice whenever you go shooting clays. I love this gun so much and has been realy reliable. this is one great shotgun for anyone.
Blindstalker

Postby Jesuslovesme » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Best shotgun for the money. Tried and true over the years. If there was only one long gun to choose this might very well be it for me for a few reasons. First reliability, second because of stopping power, third because of versatility.

For home defense a youth 20 guage (with 20 inch barrel) works and is easier for the wife or kids to handle if they need to defend themselves. Heck for that matter it is easier/shorter/lighter to manuever in the confines of the house for me. I think it has 50% less recoil of a 12 guage and is still 75% as effective, or something like that is what I heard. If you are like me and don't mind recoil the stopping power of the 12 guage is the ultimate choice.

The variety of barrels/accessories/ammo for the 870 is superb. I rigged my shotgun with a high intensity mini flashlight velcroed to the front end of the forearm right about where my thumb rests when I hold the gun. The particular flashlight I have (Gerber) can be activated with side pressure from the thumb on the tail cap if manipulated correctly. Being that night time is when I most likely would need it, I count this as a necessary addition to verify my target and hopefully intimidate and stop it without needing to fire!

The remington 870 is my go to gun if I have the opportunity to get to it as I am confidant that I can stop something, pretty much anything I can think of within 25 yards using a mix of slugs and buckshot.
Jesuslovesme

Postby Jesuslovesme » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:39 am

For Sure The Remington 870 is an Amazing shot Gun and I believe it should be a First Fire ARm for Every Youth to Familiarize them selves with
Jesuslovesme

Postby dsclaiborne31 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:53 pm

dsclaiborne31

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns