>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Mossberg Tactical Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:50 am

Doc, unless you plan to spend a lot of time blowing hinges and locks off of doors, it's kind of impractical. They are a little bit muzzle brake, a little bit flash suppressor and basically a stand off unit that prevents you from damaging your barrel when placing it up against a hard surface that you intend to blow the shit out of! It's important that you only use breaching loads when using it for its intended purpose. A breaching load is a frangible round that shouldn't do much in the way of ricochet. They are designed for entry teams, SWAT, Military and I think if used improperly, the unfortunate user might end up seriously injured or those around him. It's a serious entry tool that should be respected by the user! I don't know if you've seen a Re-Bar cutter that attaches the same way to an M16 or AR15. It has a a notch large enough to go over a piece of Re-Bar, stands off maybe an inch or more and you use a standard 55gr FMJ load. It cuts the bar like butter. Can you imagine all the fragmentation in a situation like that? Steel, lead and concrete flying all over the place!! If you want anything, I think you can find someone that makes it...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby navydoc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:56 pm

great info, thank you tig
navydoc

Postby NavyChief » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:42 am

Great home defense shotgun. I mounted a tactical light, another 5 round saddle and red dot scope on it. Looks way cool and shoots great! Plus nothing quite says "get the hell out of my house" like the sound of a pump action shotgun racking a round into the chamber! I like this Mossberg more than the standard issue 500s we use in the Navy and almost as much as my old Rem 870.
NavyChief

Postby xxsteel7xx » Sun May 09, 2010 10:05 pm

on this gun is it possible to take off the stock and just leave the pistol grip on it alone? anyone know?
xxsteel7xx

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:48 pm

There are several companies that make pistol grips for Mossbergs. You should be able to find one easily.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby whitehood » Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 pm

xxsteel. You really don't want to use a shotgun with a pistol grip alone. It's not a smart thing to do.
whitehood

Postby APCMatt » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Yea you can find pistol grip,forearm,telescopic stock combos at most places that have a hunting department and sell shotguns. same for the comparable remingtons. Just cuz theyre so popular. I paid well under a hundred for my set-up. Its kinda tough to get the long "stock bolt" out. at least it was for me. If you run into the same problem, use a socket instead of a flat-head. That worked a bit easier, still pretty tough.
APCMatt

Postby stanruss » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:17 am

lookup blackhawk knoxx they make ar style recoil reducing stocks
stanruss

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:38 am

I agree stanruss, the knoxx system(s) are excellent at reducing recoil. Truth be told, they almost eliminate it. It's a great system and not that expensive. Considering what they do, the price is almost a give away! Welcome to the forum!!

tigwelder56

Postby APCMatt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 pm

makes a huge difference later in the day
APCMatt

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns