>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Mossberg Tactical Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Both are excellent shotguns. I would be happy to own either one of them. Research options, like available stocks, barrels, capacities, finish, etc. and price of course before deciding. This is a choice that could very well be decided by the best price because the quality of both shotguns is good.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby TwoHandRevy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:15 am

Thanks for the info! ^_^
TwoHandRevy

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 am

two hand. One other thing to consider, and maybe this has already been mentioned as I have not read the entire thread about choosing a Remington or a Mossberg is the safety location.

Remingtons is in front of the trigger. Right handed.

Mossberrgs is on the top rear portion of the reciever allowing true ambidextrious use and IMO faster and easier to use.

For a lefty this is important, a righty not as much.
beltbuckle

Postby texn695 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:28 pm

I have a Mossberg tatical with AR Stock and it is great.

I have sent all the black squirels in my back yard to terrorist heaven. i like where they put the safety. Easy to tun on and off for sure.
texn695

Postby apollo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:32 am

Mossberrgs is on the top rear portion of the reciever allowing true ambidextrious use and IMO faster and easier to use.

For a lefty this is important, a righty not as much.

One aspect about the safety, it is not as easy to manipulate if a pistol grip or pistol gripped stock is used. As a lefty, I have a Knoxx stock w/pistol grip, and I leave my mag charged and safety off most times. I feel more confident with the gun stored that way. Its a small thing, and my own point of view, I know, but with a pistol grip, the safety is not intuitive, imho.

What I would like to see, is the M1 Garand/Mini-14 style safety on the Mossy, truly ambi and useful.
apollo

Postby navydoc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 pm

hey all, i have the tactical with the AR stock, love this weapon. over 500 flawless rounds. heck of a kick with just the pistol grip. anyone know how to attach the part for the shoulder strap?
navydoc

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Doc, you've got a few options to attach a sling to it. You can buy sling rings that will attach to your mag tube plug and hopefully you've already got a sling mount on the base of the stock, close to the butt pad. If not you can mount one yourself. That'll give you a two point sling. You also may be able to separate the stock between the pistol grip and the stock extension joint. If you can, buy a single double ring sling adapter and you'll end up with a single point sling mount. The last thing I can think of is setting up the stock as mentioned earlier and then buy a barrel adapter that you actually mount close to the end of either the barrel or mag tube. They come in single and two piece units. It's a very easy job. Hopefully I've given you an idea that you can work with!! Let me know if I can offer an explanation if needed, lol!! Take care...

HM3 Tig

Here's a link to one example, I'll look for more and add them when I do.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/015813631006.html

http://www.urbanertslings.com/vlslatendplf.html

http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/shotg ... ories.html

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=221&parents=153

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby navydoc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 pm

thank you Tig, very helpful. i have the sling ring, it was supplied from the company and it does not fit the thread of the mag tube, i thought that that is what it was for. now to dig deeper into your knowledge/opinion which would be the most strongest mount option, the sling ring does not appear to be an option that would hold up too well if stressed. thanks for all your input.
navydoc

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Doc, you'd be surprised at the strength of those rings. I've got a single ring, double point connection on my AR15. I have it connected at the adjustable stock joint/buffer. A snap hook on each side of it. It's easy to keep out of the way and simply dropping the rifle, gets it out of the way quick. If you want a two point sling, I'd recommend a barrel mount, there are several and if you don't have a mounting point on the butt stock, there are adapters that you can drill and mount or tactical fabric straps that you can place around the butt with a ring to hook your sling to. FYI, those rings are made out of about an 1/8 inch of stainless. My welding background, particularly with stainless, I can assure you that you could lift the front end of your car off the ground and change tires. The stuff is tough as hell, it may bend if hammered hard but it won't break!

tigwelder56

Postby navydoc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:12 am

thanks tig much appreciated. do you, or anyone, know any pros or cons about the "door buster" barrel.
navydoc

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns