>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Benelli Nova Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby busse3775 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:57 pm

I am a huge waterfowl hunter and I wanted a shotgun that I could depend on but for a good price. I bought the Benelli Nova and it has been the most durable gun I have ever owned. I have had no problems with my Nova and I purchased it five years ago. I suggest purchasing this shotgun if you are looking for a dependable gun with a good price.
busse3775

Postby GreyBeard51 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:03 am

I bought a Benelli Nova 20 gauge pump last week. First impressions are not that good! First off, it doesn't feed shells from the magazine to the chamber reliably, often they drop out of the bottom of the gun when it's racked. Second, everytime I fire it, it slaps my cheekbone, with 25 rounds producing a nice bruise. (using target ammo) I'd rather be shooting one of my 12 gauges.
GreyBeard51

Postby GreyBeard51 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Today I called Benelli about the Nova that won't feed shells from the magazine. (a new in the box gun) Their response:

"you'll have to mail it to us so we can look at it"

Not acceptable in my book, I"m very dissatisfied with Benelli's support system.
GreyBeard51

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Were they willing to pay shipping both ways? Many times the people answering the phones aren't qualified gunsmiths and liability limits what they can recommend. Which is actually a very safe way to handle those types of questions. You don't want some Yo-Yo telling you how to perform something they have no clue about. I am curious about the shipping agreement though and if it mirrors their stated warranty.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby pcnightmare » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 pm

I own the Nova Tactical, and it has become my hands-down favorite pumper. 100% reliable about 1,000 rounds in. When I bought it I was planning on sticking a red-dot scope on top, but I have come to like the ghost rings so much that I decided it wasn't needed. The others are great guns in their own right, but the look and feel of the Nova put it above the 870 and the 500/590, in my personal opinion.
pcnightmare

Postby jmckinley » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 pm

I have owned 2 Novas and have had zero problems with either. i sold my first and wished I had not. So before the Waterfowl season i picked another one up. Took several ducks, gesse and doves with it with out a hitch. Put a sims pad on it and calmed the recoil down. Took it to the trap range and broke 23/22 which for me is ok. I am going to buy the 20 ga. and a Super Nova in camo next season. Fired a friends and it is smother and with much less recoil than the Nova. Will still keep the Nova but my 3 1/2's will be shot thru the Super.
jmckinley

Postby GreyBeard51 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:41 pm

I got my Benelli Nova 20 gauge back from the Benelli service dept. on Jan. 7th. It was gone about three weeks. On the bright side, it -does- function correctly now.

For the record. They did not pay the shipping to them, but they did pay the return shipping.
GreyBeard51

Postby zerwas.pat » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 pm

i got this gun last year and let me tell you whats up!!! i killed so many ducks and and other game birds up in the MN! love it never jamed never anything its one of the best guns you can get. sadly to say im thinking of selling it :( but i need the money. the gun is mint and been clean after every day out. buy this gun and you will be really happy. for the one with the problem that got fixed in 3 weeks sorry to hear that but every gun type will have a few that come out with a problem. even Glock yeah i said it. but its all up to the co. to see if they will fix it in your case they did. should get a 5 star for that eh :)
zerwas.pat

Postby Will_Carry » Sat May 28, 2011 3:12 pm

I traded my 1950s vintage 870 16ga. Wingmaster for a NIB Nova Ducks Unlimited 12 gauge. I could kick myself! The Nova is big and awkward. It functions OK, but not as silky smooth as the 870 Wingmaster. It looks cool with the black plastic but it's black plastic, which means it's a cheap gun. The 870 was a working man's shotgun so I guess the Benelli is too. It will get the job done but it ain't nothing fancy. At least I will be able to find shells for it.
Will_Carry

Postby GreyBeard51 » Sun May 29, 2011 10:24 am

Follow up on the Benelli Nove 20 gauge that won't feed.

After gettting the gun back from Benelli, supposedly repaired, (it was dead of winter), I racked a few shells through it and it seemed to feed so I popped it into the safe. Last week I got it out and went to the range, SURPRIZE! It still WILL NOT FEED the first round. Load shells into magazine, rack slide, and it ejects live round onto the ground!!! I've had this gun for nearly a year and have never been able to use it. Note to everyone who's never seen a Benelli having a problem. Tell them to contact me, I've got something to show you.
GreyBeard51

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns