>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Benelli Nova Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Benelli Nova Reviews

Postby Deth3327 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:23 pm

I have been using the Nova since it hit stores several years ago and I love it. I mostly waterfowl hunt with it, but have had it at the club several times shooting skeet and clays. I installed the mercury recoil reducer and the gun is quite heavy, but it can take a real beating. It is extremely easy to field strip and clean when necessary as well. This gun has been dropped in the swamp, used as a walking stick and a paddle and it keeps on shooting.
Deth3327

Postby dts642 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:01 am

I purchased my Nova last year after shooting one a friend had. I have not had any problems after putting around 1500 rounds through it. It is also the best gun I have for staying clean. No matter what you shoot there is no dust or unburnt powder coming back into the action of the gun. I have taken it apart after every shooting trip and found no dirt in or around the bolt, trigger, hammer. I have the 18 tactical model. All I have added is a Tac-Star mag tube to up it to 7 rounds in the mag. All in all its the best shotgun out there in its class. Much better that a Rem 870 or a Moss 500. I have friends that have both and even they say that they should have purchased the Nova.
dts642

Postby cachamelion » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:38 pm

waiting period for mine started yesterday. 9 more days and I get to take my new baby home. So far I am incredibly happy with the Tactical version with an 18.5" barrel that I ordered. Hard to get, but well worth it compared to getting a Remington or Mossberg.
cachamelion

Postby shotgunsandrifles » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:16 am

My grandad gave me my Nova a few years ago and after about 3000 rounds and draging it through mud( literally) i have only had 2 jams unlike my 870 i had one every other time i went out. IMO this is the best pump gun on the market. Ducks, doves, geese or clays the Nova does'em all.
shotgunsandrifles

Postby kyle44mag » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:12 pm

I have a nove pump in twelve gauge and I love it , it is as tough as you said and more.I have used my for pheasants, ducks, geese, and turkeys, and it always preforms great.

Thank you,

Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby kyle44mag » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:02 pm

Oh, I forgot I used it along with some Remington buck hammer, to take a muley one, time when the firing pin on my rifle broke.

Thanks

Kyle
kyle44mag

Postby kyle44mag » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:49 am

I bought the 20ga about a month and a half ago, so me and my 14 year old son could check out the shotgun side of things. We have three other rifles. We don't hunt yet, bet he and I love shooting it! It is kinda creeping in there as the favorite gun to shoot! We shoot recreationally but we burn through a lot of ammo. We currently have 2 .22's and a .17hmr, all scoped. Compared to the .22 ammo the shotgun ammo is expensive. I have been sticking to Winchester target ammo 2 3/4" 7/8oz #6or #8. It cost me $4.29 per box. We're just shooting clays at the gravel pit, but I'd like to see how it handles a heavier load. 3" 1 1/4oz #7.5 ???

Is anybody out there?

Jus curious.
kyle44mag

Postby Apickuptruckgirl » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:57 am

I just purchased a Nova DU edition. Its used, but in great shape. I had been looking at a Remington 870, and a Browning BPS. Talking to friends and dealers, the Benelli was the best one for me. Then we went to shoot clays. Borrowed a Nova from a friend, and fell in love with it. The feel of it, and the appearance, make it my first recommendation!
Apickuptruckgirl

Postby nmwaterfowler » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:55 pm

I bought my nova to hunt waterfowl. My plan was to quit using my browning bps 10 ga (which shot like a dream), because the shells were getting too expensive. I didn't have a 12 ga that would shoot 3 1/2" shells. I found a good deal on the nova, so I bought it mostly because of benelli"s reputation ( and I love itallian guns). My nova is the hardest kicking gun I have ever shot. 2 3/4 or 3" shells are ok, but 3 1/2" just plain hurt. Not just my shoulder, but I would always have a headache after just about 3 shots. The front forearm has always had a lot of play and makes a lot of noise. After only about 4 days of hunting with it I decided that its job description needed to change. I have since replaced it with a Benelli Superblack Eagle II with the walnut stock, and I love it. Overall I would reccomend the nova for lighter loads up to 3 in shells. It will be a very reliable and good shooting gun.
nmwaterfowler

Postby DaHustlerofHavoc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:48 pm

i got a 12 ga 28 inch barrel

great gun good price

close to 1000 rounds not one jam

I have shot a supernova and the Comfortech stock is nice it cuts the recoil in half
DaHustlerofHavoc

Next

Return to Shotguns