>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Benelli Sport/SuperSport Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Benelli Sport/SuperSport Reviews

Postby lgregor » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:01 pm

I am a BIG fan of Benelli. After owning an M1 Super 90 Tactical for about 10 years which there was flawless operation I was sold on the Interitia Driven rotating bolt design and ready to spend good money on another Benelli that I use only for Skeet/Clays. I should note that my wonderful Wife actually contacted the dealer and special ordered it for our anniversary, which was totally awesome. Done up just like the picture #1 above, I have the 28" version. Took FOREEVER (like 4months+) to get in from the dealer, came straight off the boat. They say that ' Good things come to those who wait ' , that statement couldnt have been more true in this case.

Patience paid off, first of all its by far the lightest shotgun I have ever used. Which on the recoil respect thats bad for heavy mag loads but Benelli did something right in the Comfortech stock system. Truelly excellent results. Granted, I am 6' tall and 300+ lbs (we wont go into how many +'s) and I can shoot this ALL DAY with heavy 2 3/4" & 3" high velocity shells feeling like a 20ga. I have no issues with Magnum buckshot from the M1 Super 90 as I can take punishment but punishment is not what you will be subject to with the SuperSport.

Although I tend to go thru a box of 25 then letting it sit for a while to cool down. Just a personal preference with all my firearms, I shoot a while then let it cool.

Its phenomincal, fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. Between the Comfortech design and the ported barrel its very easy to stay on track for follow up shots.

I use full synthetic lubes and dry film lubricants in all my weapons (like armalube and Remington Dri-Lube) and I gotta tell you between the design of this shotgun and the use of high quality chemicals.... EXTREMELY CLEAN after a day of 250 rounds of shotshell. Took out a case of 10 boxes 25ea of Supreme Sporting Clay Rounds. Went thru them in a matter of about 2 hours. Came home and same evening broke the entire thing down and barely any fouling, the bolt system looked as if I had already cleaned it. The chamber wasnt very dirty and everything from the bolt head on back was like nothing was fired.

Not trying to say that this is some magical firearm that never needs cleaning, but if your interest lies in shooting and admiring a firearm thats reliable and accurate, that doesnt beat you up on the range with recoil, and not wanting to spend as much time cleaning as you did shooting... This is well worth a hard look.
lgregor

Return to Shotguns