>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Charles Daly Field Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby Desertrat00 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:35 am

My all weather field tactical model, literally blew apart in my hands yesterday evening, the barrel came a few inches away from my head and hit my truck about 5 yards back...FYI I was shooting low-velocity #8 bird shot when this happened.
Desertrat00

Postby Prlmarsh » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:22 am

I just won a CD 12 ga. slug gun at a DU banquet. I have lost some of my enthusiasm after reading some of the reviews. If nothing else I at least got a good scope out of the deal. I will let you know my opinion when I test it. Can anyone else confirm that Rem. 11-87 parts will fit? That could be a great solution.
Prlmarsh

Postby doveman » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:21 pm

I recently purchased a 12 ga. CD field hunter and I have put about 350 rounds threw it and it performed like a champ, no flaws. I'm not sure whats up with all the lame reviews, but this is a great gun and will fire and as fast as you can pull the trigger, I know because my brother owns a benelli and he was also in awh of the quality of this gun. I think most guys want to purchased a name than a quality gun just to say ( look at what I got ), and not real hunters.
doveman

Postby kydrifter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:59 pm

To doveman!

If you think these reviews are Lame look at my last Post April 2010,16 months later I am still looking for a locking block for my 20 ga or should I say my $300.00 Paper Weight
kydrifter

Postby kydrifter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Good news guy's. Locking Blocks are avaliable at Gun Broker, they are $125.00 pls $28.00 to ship the gun back to you. What a RIP-OFF Gun Broker sure want's to Gouge you when youre down. I'll never spend that kind of money on this piece of Junk and will never Buy anything from Gun Broker. Who are they trying to kid saying they have to install this simple part.
kydrifter

Postby mike1955 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm

I took my grandson to the skeet range and let him shoot my beretta 391 gold sporting, he so loved the day that I thought I would buy him a beginer gun to see how long he would stick to shooting skeet. I went to a local pawn shop and they had a charles daly black 12 auto and I thought it would be perfect. put down what I had in my pocket and then went home to find out more about this gun. Needless to say after the track record that I seen from all you guys, I couldn't get back to the pawn fast enough to get the money applied to a beretta A303 that they had. Shame on me thinking I could skimp at my grandsons expense. Never again.....
mike1955

Postby kydrifter » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Guy's I contacted Gun Broker and explained that they wanted Half the cost of my Charles Daly for a Locking Block, they replied and said they would sell the Locking Block to me for $95.00 + Shipping, that's still a third of the Gun cost. Has anyone found them cheaper? $50.00 bucks is a high price but I wouldn't have a problem with that. The L/Blocks that Gun Broker have are Machined Steel not the cheap crap that the Gun was made with and I may have to purchase one.
kydrifter

Previous

Return to Shotguns