>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Stoeger Uplander Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Postby Gunwrites77 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:21 pm

I received an uplander in 20 gauge as a 17th birthday present. It's my first gun! The weapon itself is spartan, though that's by no means a bad thing. No automatic ejectors, no external hammers, no engraving or frills. And that's what I like about it. This is a no-nonsense firearm suitable for a variety of applications, including clay shooting and hunting. Mine has functioned flawlessly with target loads, buckshot, and slugs, and is overall a robust and dependable tool. Recoil is present and somewhat harsher than I'd expect- I employ a recoil-reduction pad as a countermeasure. It's simple, reliable, and cheap- and it gets the job done. A feature I especially appreciate for versatility's sake is the 3 inch chambers. I highly recommend it as a first or basic gun for those beginning to hunt waterfowl or shoot clays, but be aware that this one isn't exactly going to end up a family heirloom. For that and for social work, please turn to something with a higher capacity or featuring more of a quality construction.
Gunwrites77

Postby popeyejoe » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:44 pm

I purchased a Stoeger uplander 20 guage about 3 weeks ago. My dad had bought a stoeger coach gun and i enjoyed it but wanted something with longer barrels. I wanted a 12 guage but my wife has gained interest in shooting clays also. For the money the gun looks and preforms very well. My wife had 3 misfires shooting low recoil shells, but I haven't had a single misfire shooting several different 20 guage loads. I am planning to buy another double barrel, wheather it is a side by side or o/u it will probly be a stoeger. I enjoy out shooting someone who has spent a fortune on over priced shotguns so they can look good.
popeyejoe

Previous

Return to Shotguns