>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Browning Citori Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Browning Citori Reviews

Postby jamesthecarguy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:56 am

I bought mine used several years ago. I believe its a 1987 model. Grade I with pistol-grip stock and heavy forend.

What can I say? Totally reliable, beautiful fit and finish even for my gun, which is the lowest grade in the lineup. I have smoked more clays and dropped more doves with this gun than with any other shotgun I own.

I think in 16 years of ownership, Ive had perhaps five failures to fire the second shell--all with my own handloads--so who knows why they didnt work? Considering the thousands of rounds Ive put through it, five failures is statistically insignificant.

Ive worn the bluing off of the trigger guard and the underside of the receiver behind the forearm, and theres very little gold plate left on the trigger. It may be time to send the gun back to Browning for a freshening up--but Ill never need another over-under. This one is all I need.
jamesthecarguy

Postby razr » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:53 pm

James, I am glad I came across your review. I am in the market for an over and under in 20 ga. and am seriously considering the Citori IV. I have read good reviews on this gun. Price is a bit high. I think theyre made in Japan. Was yours made in japan?
razr

Postby razr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:05 am

Citori markIV 20 ga. is a joy to carry and shoot. Overall nice finish, bluing could've been a little better and the engraving cheapens the look since there is too much of it. And boy, for that price, they could have included a plastic case but they didnt.

I am happy with my purchase and would recommend it, if youre in the market. They tend to be bulky and heavy in 12ga.
razr

Postby 12ga.tillnow » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:41 am

I have the Citori Superlight Feather in 12 ga. Its a bit of a beast for repeated shooting (no pad on stock, 26'' barrel, weighs 6 lbs.) but a beautifully balanced and accurate gun. I love the English stock. I use it as an all around gun, skeet, trap, upland game. I would highly recommend it.
12ga.tillnow

Postby BudWoods » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:00 pm

I have the Citori in 20 ga. It's ~15 years old and looks like it's new. It's easy to point, shoot all day and wake up next morning without a sore shoulder. I no longer shoot trap or skeet or clays with a 12 ga. I just use the 20 and have some fun when some of the 12 ga. guys ask me how'd I do it with a woman's gun? :-) It's still tight, clean and good looking - but then again, I treat her like the lady she is!
BudWoods

Return to Shotguns