>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Revolvers

Ruger Single Six Reviews

Classic design and rock-solid reliability. Discuss everything from a vintage Cowboy-action to a snub-nose .38 special.

Postby shotgunsandrifles » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:06 am

I bought one in .22/22.mag stainless with a 6 1/2" barrel and can bust clay targets at 70yards freehand on a calm day. its a wonderful gun and i intend on buying another.
shotgunsandrifles

Postby AlaDan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:55 pm

I scored a stainless 6.5" barrel model Ruger Super Single

Six Convertible with the .22 WMR cylinder for only $200.

The weapon is pristine ['bout 98%]; but without box and

doc's. Do you folks think that Ruger would sell me a

generic factory box, if I requested one~? Thanks in

advance for your replies.
AlaDan

Postby reno142 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:31 pm

I have the single six .32 H&R Magnum version. I saw it in a pawn shop and just couldnt leave without it. It fires great, feels good weight wise and was accurate.
reno142

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:45 am

Aladan, if you can't talk Ruger into selling just the box, I would seriously consider searching EBay and the various auction sites available. With today's economy, I'm betting that somebody would be eager to sell an empty box for reasonable price! Good luck.

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby kcmitch » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Well, just take all the great comments below and multiply by a dozen or so and you'll have my score on this gun. I just can't say enough about it. I have the .22LR-.22Mag and it is just about the finest, funnest shooting-est gun I own. I have the adjustable sights and they are great. Well, if you have one you know what I mean, and if you don't you should just get one and enjoy.
kcmitch

Postby SittingMooseShaman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Man,that stainless Sixer in the photo looks fine.

It's pourin' rain here, so i'll just pull my Sixer out and rub 'er down with some oil and do some dry-fire exercises...

Y'ih know sumptin'... Lookin' at my statement above and thinkin' about it... I can see why humans-male & female love

gunz...heh-heh...They trigger a certian part of our brains' electronics somewhere in the sexual-survival-tribal area and the results are acquiring only the best of, or making the best

of, and becoming the best at, the use of...arms...a mate,hah!

And family... Hot damn, I love that li'l Sixer.

She's like my wife: sexy, a li'l hot-shot and dangerous if not

handled right...
SittingMooseShaman

Postby 375HH » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 am

The .22 model has 2 cylinders: .22 long rifle and .22 Winchester magnum rimfire. The .17 HMR is a totally separate model from the .22 model. May I make some suggestions: 1. Get the stainless steel model 2. Get the 6 1/2" barrel 3. Get the .22 model 4. Buy lots of shells at Wallmart 5. Don't ever throw the box away 6. Buy a nice leather holster right away - helps to prevent scratches 7. Don't ever sell it
375HH

Postby Trekerjohn » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:09 am

I have had a .22 Single Six for a few years now and I love it. I had a red dot scope on it for a while, but even with the adjustable sights, it is the most accurate handgun i have ever had. I use CCI Blazer .22LR almost exclusively which I bought a bunch of at $.99/box several years ago. That ammo sometimes fails to fire in my Taurus Model 94, but it never fails to fire in the Single Six. I'm not crazy about the chore of loading and emptying a single action revolver, and I have thought about selling it a few times, but I don't think I ever will sell it. For what I paid, it is more than worth what I got. It's a great gun.
Trekerjohn

Postby geoatv » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:13 pm

This was the first handgun I bought when I turned 21. AND YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH IT!

If you are looking at the Heritage Rough rider, I think you will be happier with the quality/fit-finish of the Ruger. The rough rider has an annoying safety that is unnessacary on the Ruger due to it's transfer bar system.

The bluing is nice and the action is smooth.

I bought my dad one!
geoatv

Postby draarc » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 am

Just bought a Ruger 22 cal single six from a gunshop I was told that it was made in 1967 ser 468.... It came with the box and paper work but no 22WMR cyld. Does anyone know where I could get one and would it need fitting to this gun?
draarc

PreviousNext

Return to Revolvers