>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Revolvers

EAA Bounty Hunter Reviews

Classic design and rock-solid reliability. Discuss everything from a vintage Cowboy-action to a snub-nose .38 special.

EAA Bounty Hunter Reviews

Postby gunnutz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Bought a Bounty Hunter today at a gun show, paid 200.00 "out the door". It looks great, nice workmanship and finish. It came with 2 cylinders 22 LR and 22 Mag. I'll report back after I fire it.
gunnutz

Postby gunnutz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Shot my new Bounty Hunter Tuesday. &5 rounds of Remington LR. The gun is very accurate on the positive side and handles well. It took me a while to get used to the very long draw back on the hammer. If the hammer is'nt pulled back in one motion the cylinder rotates enough to present the next round but not enough to cock the hammer to a fire position. I'm comparing the hammer draw to my other single actions. The Ruger single six and two Heritage SA. Overall I think the pistol is well worth the money.
gunnutz

Postby louismacote » Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 pm

My first handgun was/is an EAA in 22LR. I carry it often afield, and shoot it often even today. HOWEVER, this gun is useless past 25yds. Now, I am not a great shot, but no novice either. This gun has a trigger from hell though, and I wouldn't shoot a squirrel past 20yds, or a sitting rabbit past 25yds. My sister, and brother have matching revolvers with similar performances. Tons of fun, but not good if you need to eat.
louismacote

Postby hammerdrop » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 pm

I have the Bounty hunter in 45 colt with case color frame. I bought it new. Gun has great fit and finish. I took it to the range and fired 100rds. No problems of any kind, very accurate, smooth action. Great single action revolver for under $400
hammerdrop

Postby otrclwotpo » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 am

I recently bought a Bounty Hunter in .44 Magnum and tried it at the range, WOW. Great single action revolver at a great price. Great fit and finish. Surprisingly easy to handle and quite accurate as well. I think I will go ahead an get one in .357!!!!
otrclwotpo

Postby Tinmancr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

another of my friends has one or had one till it fell apart, I never worked on it but however you change from 22lr to mag fell off.

the gun was about as accurate as my dads single six but not even close to my autos.

the mag option I guess is nice but short barrel and poor design kinda ruin that.

also it was single action and loaded with the hammer at half cock, I never liked that method.

this gun makes me question EAA's service guns however I am sure they are not even made in the same plant.
Tinmancr

Postby hammerdrop » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:56 pm

I just picked up another EAA Bounty hunter, this time I got the blued one in .44 magnum. I already have one in .45 long colt. The fit and finish of the .44 is just as good as the one I have in .45 long colt. Both are in 4-3/4. I haven't shot the .44 yet. But, I have shot the .45 long colt. If you go to youtube and search under EAA bounty hunter, it will be the first video. It seems like the EAA small bore .22's Don't get as good ratings like the big bore's.
hammerdrop

Postby hammerdrop » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:04 am

I went to the range and fired my EAA Bounty Hunter in .44 mag. I mosty shot .44 spl. loads. But, it also handled the magnum loads great. Very reliable, great action, accurate and safe to shoot. You can load six rounds and lower the hammer on a loaded round and carry that way safely. Because, it has the transfer bar safety. Very fun to shoot. Can't beat the price for a good cowboy action style gun. I may get one more in .44 mag. maybe with the nickel finish.
hammerdrop

Postby badguns » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:16 pm

I have purchased two bounty hunter 45 long colts. the hand guns did not fire correctly out of the box. It cost me 100 to ship them back for repair. after receiving the revolvers back they fired a few rounds and started having the original problem. I contacted eea and they sent me a shipping order to send them back. after about atwo weeks I received my revolver back. I was in the process of moving so I could not test fire it then. about two months later I got a chance to fire it and it misfired the first round. I have tried contacting eea and they feel it is my problem and I should pay to send it bace a third time at my expense. the customer service rep and manager have treated me with little if no respect indicating it is my problem.The customer service manager even threatened me about writing this review indicating I should watch what I say. I will send this one back AGAIN for the third time. They will not even let me discuee my issue with the gun smith. I will never purchase another firearm from this company as long as I live. we purchased two 45long colts for $800 and should have spent another 100 for a different model. the original reviews I read indicated they were good guns. I like the feel and finish but the guns do not work and customer service is very poor in my opinion. good luck if you purchase one. I hope you have better luck than I have had. this has been a very disapointing experiance for me. The problem with the revolvers is that the cylinders move out of alignmen, the pin holding them in place slides out and will not fire, thank goodness.
badguns

Postby traviezo92 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:44 pm

i purchased a .45 colt bounty hunter and i have lost a piece could someone help me fix it?? its missing the part that makes it spin when you shoot, it still shoots its just missing im guessing its called the kings pin but i dont know can some one help?
traviezo92

Return to Revolvers