>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P239 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby girphoto » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi bleading fairy,

look at Sam Andrews Leather, he makes great holsters, price is right and quality is great.

For IWB there is the summer special from Mitch Rosen or look at High Noon Holsters in Florida. They also make a nice product.

Hope this helps.

I use a Don Hume open top pancake, works great and little to no breaking.
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:16 pm

bleeding fairy... For a small framed gal, I would recommend looking into the super tuck by cross breed holster. They are good about distributing the weight of the pistol so your pants are less likely to sag.
cdbruster

Postby girphoto » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 am

To All

Here is a problem that occurred at the range yesterday.

I loaded three mag's with American Eagle and started my double tap exercise. at the end of each mag, the slide DID NOT LOCK OPEN. this has never happened before and the only difference is that I changed the grips to a pair of HOGUE Aluminum grips (very nice by the way). I plan to call Sig on Tuesday (Monday being a holiday). But if anyone on the site has an idea or solution, I am all ears (or eyes as the case my be). Thanks
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 pm

griphoto... to ensure I'm clear, the only difference is you changed the grips and now slide lock does not occur on an empty mag. If you insert an empty mag then pull the slide to the rear, does it lock open?
cdbruster

Postby girphoto » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:49 pm

Yes it locks open with an empty mag
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Well, it could be one or more of a few things. 1: The magazine springs could be weakening. If this is the first time this has happened and the mags you used are not normally left loaded then more than likely not. 2: The ammunition you were using was a bad lot and loaded too lightly. I loaded a "reduced recoil" recipe once using 165gr TMJ bullets and noticed the issue you are describing. 3: Guide Rod Spring is too heavy. Since this is the first encounter and you did not replace or stretch if the that shouldn't be it. 4: Pistol / Magazines are dirty and / or not lubricated or over lubricated. You are going to have to be the judge here. 5: could still be an issue with slide lock and / or slide lock spring. I would check this last. This would be my troubleshooting approach... Try some different (known high quality ammo) and see if the issue persists. American Eagle is a more economy ammo. Disassemble and clean the mags. Lightly stretch the mag spring and reassemble. Take it back to the range and lets us know what you find. Is this the first time you used this ammunition? Let us know what Sig Sauer tells you.
cdbruster

Postby coffeeman » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 pm

There may be another possibility with the sig and that is with a "high thumbs" hold the right thumb, assuming you are right handed, and if not the left :) may be touching the slide release button. I have seen this happen many times with sigs and certain people's grips that they have evolved using different pistols..or grips that change the hold and move it higher. Even more likely if one wears gloves... Just a thought...but who am i ..i opnly have a 43% rating thanks to who ever you are....
coffeeman

Postby cdbruster » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:35 pm

coffeeman... that's a good point (high thumbs). I have no idea how the reputation is determined. I think it has something to do with the thumbs up / down on your postings. I gave your posting a thumbs up so, see if it climbs from 43%. It could be a moderator(s) input that determines reputation griphoto... did you contact Sig and have you heard anything back?
cdbruster

Postby coffeeman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks for the thumbs up i am grateful -BUT someone cancelled it out already!!! I sent you a PM from Sig .I am more interested in guns than the reputation thing Thanks....
coffeeman

Postby girphoto » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Hello All,

Thanks to all for the great ideas. I will be at the range on Friday and will try different things. The Mag's are new and are not kept loaded (have a 10 rd mag that stays loaded.

I do shoot a lot of 1911's and I will try to alter my grip just to see how that works.

I will report back.
girphoto

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols