>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P239 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby girphoto » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:15 am

yes. i would agree. That is why my primary carry is a 3" KIMBER CDPII in 45. I am also waiting for the Critical Defense to come to my dealer in 45. It is my carry choice in 9mm and 380mm.
girphoto

Postby girphoto » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:32 pm

To all, Has anyone changed their trigger to an SRT on the 239?

If yes, please advise if you liked it or not.

Thanks
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:48 pm

griphoto... Not on mine however, a friend and colleague put a SRT on his 239. Our opinion of it is similar and we saw marginal improvement at best. He left the SRT in his pistol and in hind-sight I don't think he would have bothered if he had it to all do over again. IMHO the reset of the stock trigger is short enough and the SRT only yeilds a very small improvement.
cdbruster

Postby girphoto » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks cdbruster, Just so I understand (before going through a lot of time and money), he installed the SRT and did he also change the trigger to a Short Trigger or did he just leave the stock trigger?

I do not know if it matters but my 239 is a 9mm and has a lot of travel in the trigger before it actually fires.

But please do not get me wrong, I love the gun and I am will to spend waht is needed it get it right.

Thanks
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:35 am

griphoto... I will ask but I'm almost certain the SRT kit is comprised of a new sear and safety lever only. The trigger in his 239 is stock. The SRT has no effect on the DA pull; only the reset of subsequent SA shots is shortened. I wouldn't think that a physically shorter trigger would have much influence on trigger pull length. A shorter trigger may also make the DA trigger pull seem heavier. I will get back to you.
cdbruster

Postby girphoto » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 am

Thanks, much appreciated.

I just find that the reset and take up on the stock trigger is to long (use to shooting kimbers). The sig factory said that the SRT kit would reduce the take up by about 60 percent.

Thanks again
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:23 pm

griphoto... Just talked to my buddy about his 239 with the SRT kit and here is the skinny. He initially put a short trigger in with the SRT kit however he didn't like what it did for the DA pull (made DA pull less smooth and felt heavier). He said there was a very noticible reset shortening with SA with the SRT kit and trigger. He put the stock trigger back in to get back the smooth DA pull and get some SA reset shortening. He estimates about a 35% reduction in reset length with SRT kit and stock trigger. He also said that if he had it all to do over again, he would install the SRT kit (they aren't that expensive nor hard to install) and use the stock trigger. There you go; I hope this helps.
cdbruster

Postby girphoto » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi cdbruster, Thanks, that answers my questions, we will go with the SRT kit and the stock trigger. Also thanks to your friend for his help in this.

Have a great day!
girphoto

Postby cdbruster » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 pm

griphoto... Hey, no problem. I've been trying to get my buddy to create an account on gun directory but for some reason, he doesn't seem too interrested. He would be a benefit because he is a Sig Sauer and Glock Certified Armorer as well as an open minded idividual. I'll keep hounding him.
cdbruster

Postby bleading_fairy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Anybody know of a holster for carrying concealed great for this gun? i am a pretty small framed gal and plan to carry iwb. recommendations?
bleading_fairy

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols