>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Sig Arms P226 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby oboe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Outlaw, I thought this might be a place to start. Tomorrow I'll be test driving the Beretta PX4 and 92 Inox and the SIG P226 E2. Naturally, the proof of the pistol is in the shooting. Nevertheless, I'm searching diligently for FACTS where I can find them. Even more than the tires on my car, I'll be trusting my life to the choice - so I'll research every avenue I can. That said - if you WANT to write the check, don't count on me to dissuade you. Send me a private message, and we'll make arrangements - and THANK YOU!
oboe

Postby Hotrod911 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:16 am

Everyone on this thread is recomending the Sig, you asked the same question on the beretta thread and no one recomended the Sig but also no one really recomended the Beretta either, and the one that did comment actually mentioned a glock over the Beretta. That should speak volumes. Beretta is a good weapon but it can't match the quality of the Sig. I have shot both and I own a P226 9mm and 2 P239 ,40s. I do not own any Beretta's or Glock's. As mentioned before, the 226 as well as the 92A1 are both a bit large for concealed carry, that is what the 239 is for. If you are ok with carrying the full frame then the price is well worth it. let us know how your range trials go with both.

Good luck

Hotrod
Hotrod911

Postby whitehood » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:26 am

you hit in one hotrod. The Sig226 is a bit bulky for open carry, but it's lighter and slightly smaller than the B92. I don't think the double action trigger is as good, but the DAK should solve that problem with practice. What is good about the Sig is the lack of that stupid standard DA safety with only a decocker in place. It's a faster weapon out of the holster with convential DA/SA mode.
whitehood

Postby Hay2bale » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:32 pm

@Oboe

Good luck with your test drive. All three of your choices are accurate, reliable and of excellent quality. Any would be a good choice - the final decision is like asking someone who you should marry - it is really subjective in the final analysis!

In my case, I found a nice used P226 DAK for well under $500. Buying a used gun is not like a used car, most guns will never be worn out.

I consider the quality of the Berettas to be the equal of the Sigs, or anything else in production. The ease of racking the slide on a B 92 is a great example, and this makes it a good choice if the female in your life has difficulty in that regard.

At the end of the day, I'm sure some little beauty will show you that little something extra that makes you have to take her home.
Hay2bale

Postby SW-Insured » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 pm

SW-Insured

Postby Lrose51 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Oboe:

I have been following your questions and comments and perhaps you should reconsider purchasing a firearm. You might not be a good candidate to carry. After all, once you have finally made up your mind between the Beretta 92, the Sig P226 E2, and now the Beretta PX4, you will have to decide upon a holster. Leather or kydex? Strong side, cross draw, shoulder, SOB, or some other type? Then within each you must decide upon style and manufacturer.

Then there is the decision or which type of ammunition will you carry? 115 or 124 grain or something else? Ball, hollow point, or frangible? Not all perform the same from one gun to another.

Finally there is the decision of when it is appropriate to use it. Is it really a life-threatening situation? Will the police and courts think that there was proper justification for deadly force on your part?

From what I have seen here, you appear to have a problem making decisions. Apparently, by the time you do decide upon a proper course of action you will either be dead, or the danger will have passed. Either way, you will not need a gun.

Carrying concealed carries a lot of responsibilities and the ability to make split-second decisions and carry them out decisively.
Lrose51

Postby oboe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:58 pm

lrose51, I'm on my way to the range and will have more to say later. For now, I don't know why you make such a personal and backhanded remark to someone asking questions - as people on this site frequently do.

Not only SHOULD I carry a gun - I HAVE carried a gun, and in circumstances where my life needed protecting. I have guns and have been a shooter all of my adult life. All of the other decisions to which you refer already have been made. I'm asking for input on a NEW gun.
oboe

Postby whitehood » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:31 pm

oboe, with all due respect, many of your comments mark you as an amateur. Both lrose and SW are giving you very very good advice. A pistol is a compromise in almost sense of the word. Choosing a pistol is very much dependent upon the threat or the use ie, competition. Nothing out there is a superlative in everything. You have a whole host of factors out there, such as reliability, size, concealablility, capacity, caliber etc. Military requirments are different from LEO as well as civilian. Deep concealment vs concealed carry is another issue. I have to say if you're looking towards a guy who carries an INOX B92 as a concealed carry for advice you have a problem.
whitehood

Postby Lrose51 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Oboe:

Sorry if you are offended. What led me to those comments? Probably because you have posted:

"This is just eating at me - the expense that stands between me and a 9mm P226 E2. I might be able to get two Beretta PX4 pistols for the price of one SIG, and even the Beretta 92A1 is a lot less."

"Please help me out here - if you had to choose just one, which one, and why."

"What particular aspects or features would make that choice - for ME..."

"Nevertheless, I'm searching diligently for FACTS where I can find them. Even more than the tires on my car, I'll be trusting my life to the choice - so I'll research every avenue I can."

Have a good day at the range. One other comment. I also have a Taurus 92 (almost identical to the Beretta 92). While it is a great gun, extremely reliable, and very accurate; it is large to carry concealled as is the Beretta - especially in warm weather areas such as here in Arizona and in Florida.

We will all be interested in your decision and which holster and ammo you will decide upon. Let us know.
Lrose51

Postby SW-Insured » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:08 pm

SW-Insured

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols