>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 19 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby john118242 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:33 pm

thank you for the answer tig
john118242

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Yes polymers are plastic but they are a step above the low quality plastics used in toys, etc. Here's some info that will give you a better understanding between the two:

A polymer is a large molecule (macromolecule) composed of repeating structural units typically connected by covalent chemical bonds. While polymer in popular usage suggests plastic, the term actually refers to a large class of natural and synthetic materials with a wide variety of properties.

Take a look at this as well: http://www.globalspec.com/learnmore/materials_chemicals_adhesives/composites_textiles_reinforcements/fiber_reinforced_plastics_frp_smc_prepregs
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby ducati929 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks for the advice djk. The spring in the magazine still feels really tight, but I'll give a new magazine a try.

tig - I'm a senior chem major :) I agree there be a difference in connotation between the two, but the differences stop there.
ducati929

Postby john118242 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 pm

i saw a amzing video on youtube of a guy shooting his glock 19 under water does any one know how accurate it is under water? doesint water ruin the bullets?
john118242

Postby redfly » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:13 am

you should clean you mags for any gun. single stacks are tighter than doubles, therefore singles get cleaned more often. take out the follower and the spring will follow. soak the cotton mop attachment with appropriate cleaner. scrub inside, wipe clean and lube. wipe the spring and follower, lube, reassemble. helped a lot for me, in my 1911 commander.

only thing i don't like is the center of balance, top heavy

a better 9mm would be, beretta 84 cheetah or px4 storm.
redfly

Postby g4l » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:17 am

john118242;

Please read the message I will post in "Gun Chatter" about underwater fire. I read questions related to yours quite often, and it scares Me that someone might hurt themselves, or others.

http://www.gundirectory.com/forumThread.asp?threadID=1004280
g4l

Postby qball » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:18 pm

whats up guys I'm looking into buying my first gun but cant decide im stuck between the gen 4 Glock 19 and the Beretta px4 storm ive shot both i feel in love with the Beretta but then again i hear great things bout Glock's will like to have a little more info on personal thoughts about both any suggestions???
qball

Postby beetlemaster07 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 pm

gball, the glock 19 is a very reliable and lightweight weapon that has many pros that I will throw your way. The mags are about 20 bucks a piece if you look in the right places, the weight is amazing at about 22 ounces compared the px4's 28 and the glock 19 is also shorter in lenght by about an inch. The glock 19 has so many accessories and holsters you'd have no problems making your gun anything you'd like. The only con that I see that might make you hesitate might be the lack of safety on this gun but its still worth every penny in reliability and will last you forever if you take care of it. Berettas are good guns too but might be more expensive for you when you decide to purchase mags or accessories, just something to keep in mind.
beetlemaster07

Postby GOANRA » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Every review I've ever seen of the G-19 has been 100%.

I've owned many Glocks and can easily believe it.

Great thing about Glock is it has the fewest moving parts of any semi. Easy takedown & maint.

The PX4 is a fine sidearm and a manual safety is good for a first sidearm.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby BKBurns » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm looking for the lightest most accurate glock out there...money isn't a object for the gun...I went shooting with a buddy of mine awhile back and I shot his glock...I loved the way it felt in the palm of my hand...near weightless and it was extremely accurate...don't know what kind it was because he never said. I'm an avid big game hunter. Had a run in with a grizzly and I didn't have the right side-arm...Ended up with 100 stiches in my arm and I'll be d**ned if I make that mistake twice...any help would be greatly appreicated

on a side note. I have a AR-15 and I was wondering if they sold lighter replacement parts to cut down on some of the weight...if you haven't noticed I like extremely light guns...I find they are alot more fun to play with when they aren't aiming you...but your aiming them
BKBurns

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols