>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 19 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby dallcowboy24 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:38 pm

I traded in a Glock 35 for a Glock 19 in November 2005. Since then I have run around 14,000 rounds through it. Love the gun. Carry it concealed all the time. The locking block broke, took a day to replace. The slide stop lever broke, took 15 minutes to replace. Terrific gun.
dallcowboy24

Postby 9millimeter » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:59 pm

I honestly do not know why so many people love glocks so much. I have owned 1 glock but shot many. I think that this maybe the first gun alot of people shoot because yes they are very reliable, but the kick on the glocks seem wierd to me, and alot of my boys that have them. It seems like the kick pushes the grip back to hard in the palm of ur hand and drops the gun down instead of up. I got rid of my glock and kept my ruger p95 because I can put 11 rounds to the chest throat and head way faster and accurate with the ruger from 40 feet. u guys need to shoot sigs, taurus, rugers, and springfields then tell me how u like the glock after that it will be a much smoother shot without that funky ass kick.
9millimeter

Postby Bretterator » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:29 am

I just recently bought a glock 19. I didnt necissarily care for Glocks too much before I bought one, but I have changed my mind. This gun feel great, shoots great, is low maintenance, and is dead on accurate. The 9mm round is my favorite and the one I shoot the best. I love this gun, but I also believe that there isnt one gun that is perfect for everybody, so if the Glock doesnt feel good to you, then thats fine, but stop thinking you have to put them down every chance you get, its annoying.
Bretterator

Postby superman6 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:08 pm

Well said Bretterator.. I couldnt agree with you more.
superman6

Postby king_pin211 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:51 am

I am just learning about handguns. I used the g19 at a range and fell in love. Can anyone tell me if the G19 comes with an external safety? I was thinking of getting a berreta 92 but like the g19 much better, except for the lack of external safety.
king_pin211

Postby pakettle » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:05 pm

All Glocks have 3 internal safetys,no external safetys.The G19 is one fine gun,after several hundred rounds mine just keeps popping away. As long as you keep your finger off that trigger,that gun wont fire. Your trigger finger really is an external safety.
pakettle

Postby bonez21 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:49 pm

to the guy that gave the glock a two quit limp wristing and being so cheap buy good ammo and the wepon will function every time. i carry two glocks at work every day a 27 and a 22. And carried a 19 at the acadmey never had a bit of trouble. Great wepon have no complants, I love my Battle tuperwear.
bonez21

Postby reality7 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Very reliable, Very comfortable, Very easy to clean. You would think Glock invented the 9mm round just for this pistol!
reality7

Postby 9millimeter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 pm

First of all bretterator I think that the glock is a well made gun, but I believe they are hyped up to much. I was asking if anyone notices the recoil that pushes back on your palm when you shoot it, and I wanted to know how u liked it.... I wasnt talkin trash about them alot of my friends have the glocks and own more than you do, but when I was at the range I thought it was funny because the IPD was having problems with there glocks and they were saying ur favorite comment this is a glock a 500 gun it shouldnt be consistentley jamming up so try something else when ur glock fails
9millimeter

Postby tuyhoa » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:31 pm

Glocks and IDF (Israeli Defense Force) carry; While of course not specific to IDF, the idea of not carrying with a round in the chamber and still practicing a technique of rapid presentation of a weapon with a round in the chamber was, as far as I know, popularized by IDF, so the moniker has stuck. The logic is this; Unless you are a policeman, or in/near an active combat environment, the odds of the necessity of instant shooting are extremely low. The odds of an accidental discharge are much higher. Basic Pistol Technique: Grip, Intent, Shoot. Between Intent and Shoot is the process of presenting your weapon. With no round in the chamber, as you grip your weapon with your shooting hand, grasp the slide with your non shooting hand and rack a round in as you withdraw your weapon. With some practice this will add something on the order of 1/2 - 3/4 of a second to your ability to project force. To help put things in perspective, one carrying a weapon would do well to study The Gift of Fear, by Gavin de Becker, and On Killing, by Col. David Grossman. There are a lot of Glocks in Israel, and with good reason; they are light, effective, reliable, and durable. Considering the somewhat increased odds of an accidental discharge with a Glock, and the odds of a non - professional being required to shoot instantly, the IDF carry seems a very wothwhile compromise.
tuyhoa

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols