>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 19 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tuyhoa » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:43 am

I LOVE THIS PISTOL!! Nice and light decent trigger pull accurate with some concentration you hit your target 6 out of ten out of 50 rounds.My wife pistol now but she really likes the feature and that 1 second delay when the bullet enters the chamber it gives U time to re-aim. NYPD preffered?? Wonder why????????
tuyhoa

Postby rabito85 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:01 am

I bought this gun used from my future father-in-law. A Lt. with the local police. It was his first striker fired weapon after he retired his p220 .45ACP because of BACK PROBLEMS! As a detective he loved the small size and hi cap. He sold me the gun, just 4 months after he got it, to trade up to the glock 31 .357sig. He reported 100% reliability. I have put round 1k round in the gun, minumal cleaning.

I recently went to the range with my soon to be brother in law and we shot all my pistols. He is entering the academy soon and is trying to pick a gun out. He, like I, is a BIG BORE kind of guy. Liked the G32, nearly broke his wrist on my .357 snub, and fell in LOVE with my XD45. I let him take my G19 home, show his dad that I kept it clean, and to take to the range the next week. We went three days in a row, 750 rounds. I got the gun back, dirty, like it shot 750 rounds! I took it to the indoor range today and could NOT get it to reliably fire. I had failure to feeds every second round from the mag, and around 4 stove pipe jams. I took it down, did a minumal cleaning of the feed ramp, barrel, slide, and chamber, reliability back to 100% for the remaining 200 rounds.

Point of the story is that the G19 is one of the best compact 9mm autos. Probably THE BEST. BUT like any machine, it cannot be 100% neglected. It must be cleaned and lubed to work correctly. I gave my G19 5-.
rabito85

Postby xd40works » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:26 pm

xd40works

Postby jvv » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:45 am

i have test fired many guns. from m-16 with m203 granade launcher to a .357 s&w revolver. i can only say one thing, i fell in love with a glock 19!!! a friend of mine with a 19 c loaned me his gun for 2 days. now i know there are some people out there with issues against the compensated models and im not going into that. to sum it up, the g19 clicked for me. i decided to purchase one for myself last sept 14. ill be getting it this friday. cant wait!!!

the g17s that i test fired had some loading problems. i hope i wont experience the same thing with my new 19.

any tips anyone?
jvv

Postby pakettle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:46 pm

JVV, the Glock19 is the most popular 9mm sold.I have fired over 500 rounds through mine and another 1000 rounds of 22 long rifle,with the advantagearms 22 conversion kit. Use factory loads,no do it yourself reloads. I use 115 grain Winchester or Federal full metal jacket bullets,but any good brand ammo will do. Clean it now and then and you should not have a problem. I have not had any problems with mine.It just keeps eating up that ammo as fast as I pull that trigger.
pakettle

Postby guner » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:07 pm

I GOT MY G19 ,FIRST GLOCK I FIRE,I WAS SURPRICE HOW EXCELLENT THEY ARE,ALLWAYS BEEN A BERETTA FAN, NOW BOTH,GREAT GUN!
guner

Postby GTS197 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:01 am

The finest 9mm pistol on the market...bar none!
GTS197

Postby AKELLER » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:02 am

This is a wonderful piece. I have owned my G19 for 1 month and already fired 1000+ rounds through it. This weapon will reliably and accurately fire any 9x19mm round, from bottom barrel Wolf steel practice ammo to Remmington Golden Saber +P carry ammo. I use it as my CCW and a great choice for plinking paper targets. You can not go wrong with this 9mm.
AKELLER

Postby vegaschips » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:07 am

i have been looking for a carry pistol for a couple of months now. i went to the range and have rented sigs, taurus, walther, and glocks. a few weeks ago i narrowed my selection to the walther p99 and the glock 19. i shot good with both these pistols. after reading reviews and trying out these guns again, i am purchasing the glock 19 next week. a carry pistol should be reliable and time and again glocks have proven to be just that. the p99 grip really felt good. but that is not going to save my life. id rather carry a gun that i am confident will save me when needed.
vegaschips

Postby itguy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:52 am

Got my G19 a month ago. Excellent for carry because the frame does not sweat in the Texas humidity like a metal framed gun wiped down with oil does. Ditto for the spare mags. It just seems cleaner in an expensive leather holster. And the factory finish on the slide is so tough I do not see any holster wear after 100 draws! At the range I do OK, just not as good as I do with a 1911. Probably if this were my only gun I would overcome that quickly with practice. My only gripe is that where my middle two fingers wrap around the front of the frame, something bites at my skin. I have small hands, so I dont think its the extruded part, I think its the checkering. If it gets to be a real problem, I may research some of those wrap-arounds Ive seen. Quality and reliability, IMO, are excellent!
itguy

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols